Aspose.Cells for Java - Issues in conversion from one format to other

Hi,

For your issues:

<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

1) VeryHidden issue: We have recorded it into our task list as CELLSJAVA-19377 and will look into it soon. We will try to provide a fix for it in the next week.

2) Protection for modified file: We have recorded it into our task list as CELLSJAVA-19379 and will look into it soon. We will try to provide a fix for it in the next week.

3) Deleting macros: We will try to support it in about a month's time.

4) Check whether file contains given macro: we can only support it for the Excel97-2003 files currently, we will try to provide a fix for it in the next week hopefully.

5) Check whether macros are protected: Would you please give us a sample Excel file and show us this option in MS Excel? If MS Excel support it, we will look into it soon.

6) Keep macros when converting Excel2007 file to Excel2003 file and running macros: we cannot support it soon and cannot give you an eta for it at the moment.

Thank you.

Hi,
To protect the macros, open the

Excel Workbook and go to Tools>Macro>Visual Basic Editor(Alt+F11).

Now, from within the Visual Basic Editor, go to Tools>VBAProject Properties and

then click the Protection page tab and then check “Lock project from viewing”

and then enter your password and again to confirm it.

I have attached a template that has the macro code protected. The password is “a”.

-Kulbhushan Singhal.

Hi,
In the following code, I’m getting an null pointer exception as namedRange.getWorksheet() returns null instead of the worksheet object.

Worksheets worksheets = workbook.getWorksheets();

NamedRange namedRange = worksheets.getRangeByName(“DataRange”);

Cells cells = namedRange.getWorksheet().getCells();
Please look into this issue.

Thanks,
Kulbhushan Singhal.

Hi Kulbhushan,

NamedRange.getWorksheet() method is used to get the Worksheet that contains this NamedRange object. If the NamedRange is global for the Workbook instead of a Worksheet, then the returned value will be null.

Use NamedRange.getSourceSheet() method to get the Worksheet that referred by the range defined by this NamedRange.

If still facing issue then send us the template file to investigate.

Thanks,

The getSourceSheet() method worked fine. Thanks for the solution.

But the workbook which I’m using has the named range defined on a sheet. So, the getWorkSheet() method should have also returned the WorkSheet object.

I’m uploading the workbook that I’m using.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18917) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

Also:

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>1) I
am afraid we cannot support to edit or run operations on macros. So,
the described protection for macros cannot be supported too. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.<o:p></o:p>

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>2) From your template file, we cannot find the Named range “DataRange”
is defined for one sheet, in fact it is a global range. To confirm it, you can select
any sheet and list the defined Name objects, the “DataRange” is
visible for any sheet.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>1)
VeryHidden issue

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>2) Protection
for modified file

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>Please try our latest version Aspose.Cells for Java v2.4.0, it fixes both the issues as well.

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “SimSun”,“serif”;”>Thank you.

Hi,
The issues related to protection and hiding sheets are solved.
But I’m afraid that without the support for the macro related features specified in the previous posts, I wont be able to continue with the POC.