Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells for .NET from nuget

Hi,

I would like to install Aspose.Cells for .NET in my application from nuget package manager to create *.xlsx reports from existing templates (PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells). As I understand it’s free version of the library. What are the limitations of this package? How long can I use it for free?

Regards,
Aliaksei K.

@alkozlov

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

You can install Aspose.Cells from NuGet like any other package. Please see this video or similar videos for help. Please note, you do not need to use command line, just use NuGet Package Manager GUI.

Just type Aspose.Cells in search box and you will be able to accomplish the task. Here is the Direct URL from where you can download Aspose.Cells automatically via NuGet Package Manager or manually

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Aspose.Cells

Once you have successfully installed or added the reference of Aspose.Cells, you can execute the following code. The code loads the Template Excel file and makes some changes inside it and saves it as Output Excel file. Please see the screenshot below to see the effect of code.

Download Link:
Template and Output Excel Files.zip (21.2 KB)

C#

//Load your template Excel file.
Workbook wb = new Workbook("Template.xlsx");

//Access first worksheet.
Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets[0];

//Add values in cells A2, A3, A4 using row and column indices.
ws.Cells[1, 0].PutValue(20);
ws.Cells[2, 0].PutValue(30);
ws.Cells[3, 0].PutValue(40);

//Add values in cells B2, B3, B4 using cell names.
ws.Cells["B2"].PutValue(40);
ws.Cells["B3"].PutValue(30);
ws.Cells["B4"].PutValue(20);

//Save to output Excel file.
wb.Save("Output.xlsx");

Screenshot:

Thank you for detailed response. But I have one more question. Package from NuGet is trial (30 days) or I could use it unlimited time? And are there any restrictions for the Excel files created by this package? I have a fairly simple application on .NET Core 2.0 that contains about 20 report templates. Most of the reports are tables with highlighted cells.

Regards,
Aliaksei K.

@alkozlov

If you have not purchased a license, then Aspose.Cells will work in trial version. Trial version generates an extra worksheet which contains Evaluation Warning i.e.

Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Cells for .NET. Copyright 2003 - 2018 Aspose Pty Ltd.

Trial version cannot be used for business purpose. It is only for evaluating the Aspose.Cells features.

However, you can acquire 30-Days temporary license to evaluate it without Evaluation Warnings.

For more and other details, please read this article.

https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Licensing

Aspose.Cells for .NET supports .NET Core. For detail, please see this article.

https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Feature+Overview

Hi, quick question. our firm does have license and could download Aspose cells 18.2 version with no issue. But when we try to download 18.4 using the link https://www.nuget.org/packages/Aspose.Cells/ and with Manual download option we are getting error message “the repository you have attempted to access is restricted”. While the restriction could be on our firm side, wondering if Aspose changed the method or URL for download compared to 18.2 version which is affecting us?

Our team has no access to download files via Nuget within the firm so please provide us with any other link so the download may be processed.

@rajendrak,

I am afraid, we did not change anything regarding publishing Aspose.Cells releases on to Nuget repos. You should be able to download it if it is not restricted on your environment. You may try our latest version which has more enhancements and fixes:

Please also check the document/article on how to install Aspose.Cells from Nuget repos. for your reference: https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Installation

Also, I am afraid, we do not provide any other reliable means to get the APIs. If you still require and your firm does not allow to download from Nuget repos, we can provide your required assembly/version (Dlls (please elaborate which Aspose.Cells.Dll for which .NET framework version)), so we will either mail you (give us your email id) or share via dropbox/Google drive, etc.

I checked with our team and they are saying that for 18.2 they got direct link to download and nuget package was not there. You can either provide FTP site link for download or send DLLs via email to email Id esam.operations@jpmchase.com. you can send both Aspose cell DLL version 18.4 and 18.6 for .NET framework 4.5.

@rajendrak,

Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.4 and v18.6 Dlls (.NET framework 4.0) have been sent @ your mentioned email id.

Hi, Thanks but the .NET framework version I mentioned is 4.5 and you mentioned it as 4.0. Please clarify if the DLLs will work with both versions or only 4?

@rajendrak,

Yes, the .NET 4.0 versions will work fine on .NET framework versions >= 4.0.

Thanks Amjad. Appreciate your quick response.

Hi Amjad, The person on our side was out of office for few days and when she checked yesterday she did not find email post on esam.operations@jpmchase.com. Can you please check from your side if the email with DLLs was sent out successfully? If required please resend.

@rajendrak,

Yes, you are right. I got mail delivery failure message later when I tried to mail @ your mentioned email id with attachments. I guess some security measured are applied in your environment, so it was not delivered due to mentioned reason (I got):

Reason: 551 5.0.0 JPMC.Attachment.Filter policy Violation

Could you provide me any other email id or means where I could post the attachment successfully and there should be no restriction what so ever.

Thanks for your confirmation. Will check with our team regarding email option. Having said that, I was told by our team that when they had downloaded version 18.2 previously they got direct link to download and Nuget package was not there. Can you please also try to provide link in similar fashion like for previous versions we had instead of Nuget type package?

@rajendrak,

I am afraid, we discontinued Downloads section due to its drawbacks. Now we only provide Nuget/maven repos. to publish releases which provides more options and is always up-to-date. The users can download their desired releases using package manager GUI/console in their projects easily. By the way if you need Dlls version(s) (as you were doing previously in older Downloads section), you may click on “Download” link (on Aspose.Cells release page):

Now change the extension of the downloaded file to “.zip” and then extract it. Get the Dlls from “/lib” folder.

Alternatively, we can upload the assemblies on dropbox, Google drive, etc. and provide you the Download link to download it.