ASPose.Cells for .NET - v4.4.0.0 and Office 2007 SP2

Hello, We have encountered an issue when opening up an Excel 2007 file after a recent deployment of Office 2007 Service Pack 2. We are using ASPose.Cells version 4.4.0.0 and have been using the same assembly for many years prior to having sp2 deployed. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over what sp's are pushed down to our computers. I have done a search in the forums and found someone else had the issue with Word. Is there a fix I can obtain? We are using a purchased version(Enterprise i believe) of ASPose.Cells. Here is the Microsoft KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967950

I appreciate the help/assistance.

-thanks Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for providing the link for Microsoft Article. Please try the attached version of Aspose.Cells if it solves your problem. Also, please verify if attached version of Aspose.Cells is able to read an Excel file created with MS Office Excel 2007 SP 2.

Kind Regards

Muhammad,

Thanks for the reply. I will get this deployed out to our dev/qa environment and test it out. I'll reply back here with the results.

thanks-

-Brian

Muhammad, I gave what you provide a shot in our QA environment and still get the same error as posted in the initial post. I attached a screenshot of the dll sent(v5.0.0.4) to make sure I have the right one. If needed, I can provide a copy of the Excel file that is produced and causing the issue. Let me know.

Also, to be clear, we use the aspose.cells.dll component to generate the Excel file. There's no functionality that reads in a file.

thanks-

-BR

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the feedback. An issue has been logged as 18122 on our Issue Tracking System for further investigations on compatibility of the Aspose.Cells generated files with Office 2007 Service Pack 2. This thread has been linked with this issue to notify you about the proceedings.

It would be great if you kindly provide a sample file exhibiting the problem.

Kind Regards

No problem. Can I send the sample file directly to you via email? If so, please provide your email address and I'll send right away.

thanks-

-BR

Hi Brian,

We have provided you the email address to send the sample file. Please reply to the sent email message with the attachment.

Best Regards

Hi Muhammad, I replied back to you with the file. Let me know if you need anything else additional.

thanks-

-BR

Hi Brian,

Thanks for providing the document and MS Excel version details as this information will be really helpful in further investigations.

Once there is an update regarding this issue, we will let you know.

Best Regards

Hi Brian,

We could not find the issue mentioned by you. The Excel file provided by you opened up fine in MS Excel 2007 SP2 (exact version screen shot is attached) as well as MS Excel 2010.

We performed these tests on Windows XP SP3.

Best Regards

Strange. Everyone here is getting the error here. Attached are the screenshots of what we are seeing. After clicking through, we get to the MS KB article regarding SP2. Also, we have been using the same version aspose.cells.dll for years now without issue until recently.

Hi Brian,

Could you please try the following steps?

1.Install MS Excel 2007 to a “clean” machine.
2.Update MS Excel 2007 to a higher version than the version you are using
3.Open the file again to see if there’s still an error

Thank you