Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 1.0.2 - exporting with sub-reports

I'm evaluating this product to see if it fixes the problem with sub-reports in lists for the default SSRS Excel renderer.

On the download page for 1.0.2 it says that sub-reports are supported but all I'm getting is blank rows in my Excel workbooks where the sub-reports are supposed to be.

Attached are my RDLs (one for the main report, one for the sub-report) and the exported Excel workbook with the blank rows.

We are checking it and will reply here soon.

Could you define 'soon'?

I'm putting together a list of viable solutions for my project and I can't put this product on the list if it doesn't work...

Hi,

We will get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

We are working to support sub-reports and will provide you a version in 1-2 days. Thanks for your patience.

Dear strangely,

Could you try the attached version.

I have fixed the exported function of the including sub-reports in table cell.

Please see attached xls file and check it.

Please give me your feedback information if it is not just your requirement.

Thank you very much.

I replaced "C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll" with the one you sent, re-started SQL server and re-exported the report.

Again the subreport were exported as blank lines (see attached)

Hi,

We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Dear strangely,

Please replace "[Reporting Services]\ReportServer\bin\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll" with the attached .

Could you try the attached version again.

Please see attached xls file and check it.

Please give me your feedback information if it is not just your requirement.

Thank you very much.

Did you forget the attachment?

Dear strangely

Could you try the attached fix.

That’s better. I get the sub-report now but rows 15&16 are huge for some reason (see attached).

Dear strangely,

Could you try the attached fix.

Please give me your feedback information if it is not just your requirement.

Thank you very much.

Much better. Works great on the example .rdl I sent.

When I tried it on the .rdl we're currently developing I got the error pasted below. FYI, this report has a total of 10 sub-reports. Some are directly below the top-level .rdl, some are nested as sub-sub-reports. Perhaps that's what's breaking it.

Also, with the example .rdl, it was nice but it only exported the sub-reports that the user had expanded on the web page. Any way to make it export all so the user doesn't have to do it manually?

I know, I'm demanding. However, these are all requirements for the project and we're going to start rolling our own renderer next week if we can't find a 3rd party solution.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]

[Exception: An error occurred during rendering of the report.]

[Exception: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.]
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +489
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +924
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReportControlSource.RenderReport(String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +84
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +153
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +75
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64



Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Dear strangely

Please post rdl files.

Thank you.