Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services evaluation

I downloaded Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services in order to test export in a native Excel 2007 format. It seems to be working fine for simple reports. For more complicated situation that include group subtotals the resulting xlsx files contain nothing but group headers and footers. I am curious if I am doing something wrong of it is a limitation of the evaluation version.

Thanks,

Eugene

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, We are still working on some more advanced features of Excel 2007 xlsx, some features are completed and some are on the way. We will support all the advanced features of Excel 2007 xlsx soon.

Could you elaborate your issue and show us some output excel files generated by Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices, also post your .rdl file.

Thankyou.

Do you have any idea of how soon?

Does tech support ever look here?

Hi,

We will update you soon. and could you post your output excel files (which is not up to the mark) generated by Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices, also post your .rdl file(s) here.

Thank you.

Hi Eugene,

Please try the attached fix .

Roy:

The new dll that you provided made absolutely no difference. I would greatly appreciate if you or someone else in your organization could supply a list of features that your product officially supports. The previous messages seem to indicate that not everything is supported, and I am not entirely convinced that testing your ad-hoc changes is a good use of my (and your) time.

Thanks,

Eugene

Dear Eugene,

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services supports List, Table and Matrix report items. I think you may define some functions in your rdls. We don't support them yet. Could you please post your rdl file here? Then we can check to implement it in the future version.

Now we are working to make a brand new version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Service. In the new version, we will provide a client tool and a render. This client tool is an Excel addin which allows users to design their reports in MS Excel and it will generate rdl file based on designed Excel files. Thus we can provide more features than built-in Excel render in reporting services.

Hopefully that helps.

Eugene

Dear Eugene,

Could you try the attached version.

I have fixed the exported function of the including group subtotals in the xlsx files.

Please see attached xlsx files and check it.

Please give me your feedback information if it is not just your requirement.

Thank you very much.

Thank you Roy.

I will give it a try and let you know.

Eugene

This dll does not work. Export to Excel2007Xslx comes back with the following:

Reporting Services Error

• An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError)
    • An error occurred during rendering of the report.
      • Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

SQL Server Reporting Services

Are we missing other binaries?

Dear Eugene

Please post the reporting services log file about reporting services error .

Thank you very much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The message that indicates that the operation is not valid due to the current state of the object is typically caused by the following reason:

• There are hidden data regions in the report, for example, a hidden table within a matrix table cell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------