Aspose.cells for Reporting Services to excel output embedded with formulas

Hi,

We are planning to use aspose.cells for one of our requirements.

My requirement is to embed excel formula in SSRS excel output using aspose.cells.

I have installed aspose.cells. When i open rdl file from excel and try t connect to ReportServer, then i am getting the connection failed error.

The ReportServer url is working in browser.

Please respond, as it is very urgent.

@srivat,

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v17.4.0.3:

If you still find the issue, kindly do attach your sample RDL file and some screeshots to highlight the issues on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

@srivat

Please do the following steps

1- Set logger level to debug in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml.

<logger>
   <level value="Debug"/>
</logger>

2 - Re-Config report server information of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. And post the process of config.

3 - When save report server information, you can find AsposeRSConfig.xml file in {Installation folder}\bin. please post it here and we will check it.

4 - Please provide Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log file.

Hi

Still i face the same issue.

The connection failed when creating connection to Report Server from MS Excel.

Also i have few doubts:

What is the use of Aspose.cells in MS Excel, can a full fledged complex rdl with embedded formulas be created from excel and published to Report Server?

Thanks,

@srivat,

Thanks for considering Aspose APIs.

Aspose.Cells supports MS-Excel Real Embedded Formulas e.g.

A1:10
A2:30
A3: =Sum(A1,A2)

Such things are achieved using Smart Markers. Please see this document and see the last line inside the image for more help.

Hi,

I am not able to publish the rdl that i newly created from Aspose excel designer.
I have attached the rdl along with this.Reportt.zip (8.7 KB)

My current config:
SQL Server: 2016 version
MS Excel: 2016 version
Aspose.cells: 17.0.4.3 version

@srivat

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have logged your issue in our database for further investigation and for a fix. We will look into it and update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-506 - Unable to publish report created from Aspose Excel Designer

while viewing the report i see 3 records in my table report but when i download it as an xls aspose, i see no data in the excel output.

@srivat,

We have logged your comment in our database against this issue (i.e. CELLSRS-506). Please spare us some time, we will update you asap.

@srivat

We have checked your provided report definition file and found few questions.

If you need to output multi-rows data, please set table report item. Please refer to Reportt-table.rdl and online document.

Reportt-table.zip (8.4 KB)

We found “CodeModules” part in your provided report definition file. And we manually removed “CodeModules” from report definition file.

We fixed formulas parser.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback

If you still face some issues, please tell us, we will check them. Have a good day.

I will try it and let you know.

Also is there an option of page break? For example i have a table grouped by category. i want each category to be created as a spreadsheet, is it possible?

Is header freezing and expanding and collapsing of columns possible?

Please let me know

@srivat,

Please clarify, for example, if there are 5 pages in your RDL, then do you want to export them as 5 Excel files?

Expanding and collapsing of rows and columns are supported. Please try the Company Sales.rdl report which works with Adventure Works database.

PageBreak option means, i have a table which is grouped by category. So i want Each category to be in separate worksheet in the same excel.
Attached the screenshot of the example.

image.png (2.2 KB)

@srivat

We have checked your issue and we are afraid, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support this feature.

We will spend some time on evaluating the feature and then update you.

@srivat

We have evaluated your requirements and it is actually a New Feature and need some time to be implemented. We need at least 3 months to implement it.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-511 - Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Report Designer should support Tablix Group Page Break

@srivat,

This is to inform you that we have supported the feature (logged earlier as “CELLSRS-511”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v19.1

We have fixed your issue (supported the feature) in the new version.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan