Aspose.Cells.GridWeb WebWorksheet currency and other formatting issues

I’m working with a project that supports multiple currencies and formats. This project uses style.Custom formatting, and seems to work well with “,” as the thousand separator and the “.” for the decimal separator (#,##0.00). Though when #.##0,00 is being passed the data being entered is being formatted incorrectly. It’s like it’s applying ###0.000 with decimal point being the decimal separator, causing the input values to be 1000 time the correct values. I’ve looked into “style.NumberType = NumberType.Currency”, but haven’t found the correct formatting I need.

Input 5000
Output 5000.000 (fifty thousand)

Where NumberFormat is “#.##0,00”
            /// Set alignment on top row total cell
style = sheet.Cells[0, maxCol].GetStyle();
style.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right;
style.Custom = NumberFormat;
style.Font.Bold = true;
sheet.Cells[0, maxCol].SetStyle(style);

Hi,

Well seeing your code segment, I think you are using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control. I am afraid, currently, your desired custom formatting “#.##0,00” is not supported in the component, although Aspose.Cells library supports most of the custom formattings. We are also working on a new version for GridWeb control which will support custom formattings like Aspose.Cells.

Hopefully it will be supported in the next official release of the product e.g Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v 8.2.1.xxxx which is packaged in the upcoming Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.1.

Thank you.

I've downloaded the recent Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v 8.2.1 version and have run into a few issues with my upgrade process. I've noticed a few members and methods that our code was using no longer exists. Is there documentation for what functions replaced deprecated ones? I haven't been able to find any.

-Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License license = new Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License();
It seems like the member above no longer exists, I tried using the following line, but received "Evaluation Copyright Warning" messages.
-Aspose.Cells.License license = new Aspose.Cells.License();

WebWorksheet.Cells.SetStyle seems to have been removed.
Use Case: Apply a style to a number of cells.
-WebWorksheet sheet = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0];
-style = new Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.TableItemStyle();
-sheet.Cells.SetStyle(3, 0, maxRow - headerRows, maxCol, style);

Method WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas() seems to be removed.
-GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas();

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We were able to observe this issue. Several methods are no longer existing in the GridWeb v8.2.1.0.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43017 - Several methods are no longer existing in the GridWeb v8.2.1.0

Hi Scott,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have updated the whole API structure and made some important improvements, we will send out fix to you that is compatible with older version soon.

Once, it is available for you, we will let you know asap by posting in this thread and you will get email notification regarding it in your inbox.

Thanks for the update, and we appreciate that you’re working on a fix for us. Is there a webpage that documents these changes to this API that you can direct me to?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

There is no change in the APIs but their internal working has been enhanced or modified. So in the new versions, API will remain same, however their internal working will be different than previous versions because of enhancements and improvements we have made in their internal mechanism.

Hi,

We are still working over this issue. However, you can download and use the latest fix as we have added the APIs that you required and other APIs that were disappeared.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v8.2.1.2 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you for the update. I'm seeing all of the methods that this project was using being available again except for one, but I'm not seeing any adverse affects by removing the line relating to the layout.

Where sheet is Aspose.Cells.Gridweb.WorksheetDesign:
sheet.AutoFitColumns();

I am, however experiencing other issues with this new version.

sheet.SetAllCellsReadonly(); will correctly make all of the cells read-only, however the following lines will not make the editable cell range editable again:

sheet.SetEditableRange(1, 0, 1, maxCol); // scratch row
sheet.SetEditableRange(headerRows, 0, maxRow - headerRows, maxCol); // edit area

Secondly, if I comment out the line with "sheet.SetAllCellsReadOnly" all of the cells become writable. After setting all cells to writable, none of the formulas I've been inputting have been showing the calculated value.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

Could you please provide us one simple aspx page web project illustrating the issue you are facing with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v8.2.1.2? It will help us investigate this issue at our end and fix it accordingly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I’ve created a test project as requested which is self-contained visual studio 10 project. I’ve added some comments to the default.aspx.cs page in the format “//QUESTION” related to changes between the 8.2.1 version, and the previous version we have been using 8.1.0.2000.

This project is showing the same behavior as our development code:
  • SetEditableRange not making cells editable
  • If the method SetAllCellsReadonly is not called, formulas are not updated as cells are updated
  • Cell formatting isn’t applied when cell becomes out of focus
  • And of course the original request for euro currency support

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your sample project and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We are afraid, your sample project is not simple. It is quite complex and has 720 lines. We cannot submit this sample project to development team. We require you to submit simple project containing 10-30 lines.

Besides, we are unable to run your project because it gives us compile time errors. Please see the screenshot attached for your reference. Also, you should discuss one issue per thread only, because we cannot log multiple issues in a single ticket. Each ticket that we log in our database explains to development team only a single issue.

So, we request you to kindly create more threads for your multiple issues and in each thread explain one issue precisely. It will help the developers investigate and fix your issues more speedily.

Thanks for your cooperation.

While it won’t be possible to provide a sample project with 30 lines that will accurately be able to reproduce our issue, I can direct your attention to a block of code within the project that is about that is about that long. I’ve removed all other dependencies and have re-uploaded the project in a smaller form than the one previously posted. All of the problems above come from upgrading to 8.2.1, so it is all one regression issue.

The critical issue I am worried about are related to SetEditableRange method not being respected after SetAllCellsReadonly is called. And when SetAllCellsReadonly is not called (commented out), sum formula cells are not being updated as expected. If you can provide an example project that will show me with these two use cases working as they worked in 8.1.0.2000 I will review it.

Exerpt from Lines 199-210 of default.aspx.cs
            // Cause the columns to resize based on the data in them
//QUESTION This method was available the previous version
//sheet.AutoFitColumns();
        <span style="color:green;">// Set all cells readonly first</span>
        <span style="color:green;">//QUESTION commenting out this line will show inputted formulas not working correctly</span>
        sheet.SetAllCellsReadonly();

<span style="color:green;">// Now define the editable area</span>
        <span style="color:green;">//QUESTION setting editable ranges doesn't appear to work</span>
        sheet.SetEditableRange(1, 0, 1, maxCol); <span style="color:green;">// scratch row</span>
        sheet.SetEditableRange(headerRows, 0, maxRow - headerRows, maxCol); <span style="color:green;">// edit area</span></pre></div></div>

Hi Scott,

Thanks for providing us the runnable project and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We were able to run your project and able to observe some of the issues. We will investigate it more and see if we could replicate it with simpler project and update you asap.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe the issue with WebWorksheet.SetEditableRange, it is not working in the GridWeb latest version.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43060 - WebWorksheet.SetEditableRange is not working in the GridWeb.

For your other issue, I think, you should use this.GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas(); so that your formulas could work.

I have uploaded the sample project. Could you please download it and make the necessary changes to replicate your this other issue? We will look into it and log it in our database if it needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your sample project. I was able to see that in this project the formulas are working correct, along with the CELLSNET-43060 issue you have logged. I’ll be going through my project to see if I might be calling “this.GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas();” incorrectly.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Let us know if you were able to resolve or reproduce this issue. We will look into it and help you asap.

Hi Scott,

We have fixed the issue (CELLSNET-43060 - WebWorksheet.SetEditableRange is not working in the GridWeb)

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v8.2.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43060) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

I was able to apply this version of Aspose Cells to my project and the results were working mostly as expected.

Am I correct in assuming
“Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.TableItemStyle.Custom” functionality has been removed in favor of only using “Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.TableItemStyle.NumberType”? Does this mean Euro Currency format is going to be available?

style.NumberType = NumberType.Currency11; //Functional
style.Font.Bold = true;

style.Custom = “#,###.00”; //Not functional
style.Font.Bold = true;