Aspose.Cells Hangs when converting xlsm file to pdf

Hi Team,

Aspose.Cells hangs or does not respond back when trying to convert .xlsm file.
Can you please look the issue as there are couple of excel files where we make call to aspose api
it just hangs and dose not respond us back even after 20 mins.

For you reference I have attached sample xlsm file.

Thanks,
Ashish Sharma

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and some details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template XLSM file to PDF file format, it hangs when converting the XLSM file to PDF. I waited for a few minutes then closed the process manually. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43246” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Would it be possibe for you to raise an exception if Aspose is not able to convert such type of excel files because user has to manually go to Task manager and kill the program(this a bad experience for a user which makes the program un-usable).

Hi,

Please spare us little time to properly analyze the issue. Hopefully we will fix your issue soon and the user does not necessarily need to kill the process in task manager.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further.
Well, your source file has a problem: the right margin is set too large to a value, i.e., 7158278.83 inch. But the underlying paper size is A4(8.27*11.69 inch) and it’s width is 8.27 inch. The source file may be generated by some program, so please change the right margin accordingly. You’ll find the issue too if you open the source file into MS Excel, e.g open the Page Setup dialog to check the Margins in page layout settings, you cannot open the margins setting.

Thank you.

Thanks for the workaround

Hi.

Well, you may try using the workaround as we suggested to correct the margins in the Page Setup settings for the template file for your requirements. We might look into the ticket logged as “CELLSNET-43246” later on. If we find your issue feasible enough to be evaluated, we might support such a corrupted file for loading/parsing otherwise, we will close the ticket labeled as “Won’t Fix” in our database.

Thank you.

Thanks.