Aspose.Cells Html to Excel conversion not showing images

@kumar.penigalapati,
I have tried your HtmlPage6.html file with the latest version but always get exception while using it with the sample project. Please verify that correct file is shared and share the runnable project for testing. Also share the images showing the problem area for our reference.

Following exception is observed:

System.UriFormatException
  HResult=0x80131537
  Message=Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
  Source=WebApplication7
  StackTrace:
   at WebApplication7.Controllers.StreamProvider47584.Aspose.Cells.IStreamProvider.InitStream(StreamProviderOptions options) in C:\WebApplication7\Controllers\HomeController.cs:line 70
   at ??.(String , Int32 , Int32 )
   at ??. (Hashtable )

This exception was originally thrown at this call stack:
    [External Code]
    WebApplication7.Controllers.StreamProvider47584.Aspose.Cells.IStreamProvider.InitStream(Aspose.Cells.StreamProviderOptions) in HomeController.cs
    [External Code]

Can you try this.
WebApplication7.zip (8.3 MB)

just in case if you still has issues you can use the old sample project with this html file
HtmlPage6.zip (1.2 KB)

@kumar.penigalapati,
I am afraid that I have tried this project with the latest fix and also tried HtmlPage6.htm with the older project but in both the cases I get the attached exception.

For further investigation, this HtmlPage6.htm file is logged with the ticket and we will share our feedback at the earliest after testing this file.
HtmlPage6.png (249.3 KB)

Hi Ahsan Iqbal,
this could be because the proxy url is empty and I can not provide my proxy url for security concerns.

@kumar.penigalapati,
Thank you for the feedback. We have already logged your sample file with the ticket for further analysis.

@kumar.penigalapati,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.11.10 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSNET-47729” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.11.10 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.11.10 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.11.10 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47729,CELLSNET-47745) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao

Hi Amjad Sahi,
The Issue “CELLSNET-47729” seems to be not fixed with the new version of dll v20.11.10
we are still seeing images overlapping.
Image_Overlap1.zip (1.1 KB)

@kumar.penigalapati,
Thank you for the sample Html file. We have observed the issue with this sample file and re-opened the ticket for further analysis. We will write back here once any update is ready for sharing.

@kumar.penigalapati,

For managing issues accurately, we have created a new ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47792” to trace images being over lapping the text when importing “Image_Overlap1.html” to Excel via Aspose.Cells APIs.

Once we fix the issue, we will update you.

@kumar.penigalapati,

We are happy to inform you the issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47792”) has been resolved. After performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes, we will provide you with a fixed version soon.

@kumar.penigalapati,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.12.3 (attached)
Aspose.Cells20.12.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.12.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.12.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.4 MB)

Your issue “CELLSNET-47792” should be fixed now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you Amjad Sahi
we will validate the fix and will let you know.

Amjad Sahi,
the fix did not work as expected we are still seeing our images being overlapping in excel file.
Thanks.

Hi Amjad Sahi,
One Issue we observed is that when we do the workbook.Save before we initialize the worksheet the image over lapping issues don’t seem to be happening.

but when we do the workbook.Save at the end of all the logic of worksheets and adding oledb objects then the over lapping of images issue would still persist.

if we move the Workbook.Save like how its shown in the below code then at the end we do have logic for embedding the oldeb objects in the excel which is not working as expected.

so can you please assist us how we can have both oledb and images overlapping issues working at the same time.

HtmlLoadOptions options = new HtmlLoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html);
options.StreamProvider = new StreamProvider47584(proxyurl);
options.AutoFitColsAndRows = true;
Workbook wb = new Workbook(stream, options);
wb.Save(path1 + “\Page_out.xlsx”);

Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets[0];
            ws.Name = "Test";
            ws.AutoFitRows();
            ws.AutoFitColumns();

foreach(var bgattachemnt in billingGuideAttachments)
{
ws.OleObjects.Add(maxDataRow, col, 50, 50, CommonHelper.GetDocumentImageData(bgattachemnt.Value.ContentType));
// Set embedded ole object data.
ws.OleObjects[i].ObjectData = bgattachemnt.Value.Content;
ws.OleObjects[i].DisplayAsIcon = true;
ws.OleObjects[i].IsAutoSize = true;
ws.OleObjects[i].IsLink = false;
ws.OleObjects[i].ObjectSourceFullName = bgattachemnt.Value.FileName;
ws.OleObjects[i].ProgID = “Packager Shell Object”;
i++;
col += 5;
}

@kumar.penigalapati
AutoFitRows() only adapts the row height according to the text without considering the graphics. This is consistent with MS Excel. Currently, we cannot support adjusting the height of each line according to the graphics.

Hi Simon Zhao,
Thanks for the explanation that helps, we will not do the AutoFitRows and Columns when there are images.
with that change the images are showing up fine with out any over lap.
Thank you.

@kumar.penigalapati,
You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47792) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao

A post was split to a new topic: Exception raised while opening an XLSX file after conversion from HTML