ASPOSE Cells in MVC

Does Aspose Cells support Microsoft MVC framework for web development???

If it does, is there documentation on it?

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Yes, you can use Aspose.Cells in your MVC project. I have attached a sample MVC project that uses Aspose.Cells and export an Excel and PDF file from MVC.

You can download it and use it as per your needs. I have also attached the snapshot showing how the project looks when running.

Let us know if you face any issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be more specific with my questions. Can I use Aspose Cells or the Grid within the views of MVC? I need an excel like feature within the web page. Than users can edit details like if they were in Excel.

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, you cannot use Aspose.Cells for GridWeb in MVC.

You can use Aspose.Cells for .NET in MVC as I have shown in the sample project. However, Aspose.Cells for .NET is a class library and not a visual component, so you cannot create any Excel like visual component using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

OK, thanks.

Do you guys plan on implementing Aspose Cells (Grid) into MVC in the future?

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Currently, we do not have any plans to support GridWeb on MVC and it could not be accomplished in near future too. However, I have a logged a feature request in our database to support MVC by GridWeb.

Once, there is some good news for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42948.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42948) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.5. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi