Aspose.Cells in .NET 4.5.1

I've seen a post elsewhere assuring the original poster that this should work.

However, when I attempt to load a document I get an OutOfMemoryException thrown if the host project is .NET 4.5.1.

I have tried both the Framework 2.0 and Framework 3.5 Aspose.Cells assemblies.

Here's my code:

const string path = @"C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\gift_aid_schedule.ods";

var workbook = new Workbook(path, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.ODS));

This code works if the project is compiled with Framework 3.5.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for considering Aspose products, and welcome to Aspose.Cells support forum.

We have evaluated your presented scenario on our end while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.0.1 (assembly from net2.0 folder) target Framework 4.5.1 with Visual Studio 2013. We are unable to experience any exception upon loading an ODS sample of our own. As you have read in another post, Aspose.Cells for .NET API is fully compatible with .NET Framework 4.5.1, and you have should use the assembly from net2.0 folder of Aspose.Cells for .NET installation package.

We would request you to please download and give the latest version a try on your end. In case the problem persists, please provide us the sample file for our review, because we suspect the said scenario could be template specific.

It was the template that was at fault. It's one supplied to businesses by the UK government to be filled in and returned.

Problem fixed by loading the template into Excel and saving it.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the confirmation on this. Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose.Cells APIs.