Aspose.Cells - Invalid BIFF8 file

I attached the project. I understand that the file might be indeed corrupt. Just need more details on why is it considered invalid.

Error message: Invalid BIFF8 file.
StackTrace:
at .( )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.(String , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(String file, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at AsposeTest4.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\bjuliao\source\repos\AsposeTest\AsposeTest4\Program.cs:line 13AsposeTest4.zip (491.0 KB)

@brunojuliao,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by loading your template file. I found an exception “Invalid BIFF8 file” when loading an XLS file:
e.g
Sample code:

var filename = "e:\\test2\\[20180620103237055][SVN_MICS-USA_IBAS][PL][USD][21324]OriginalPL.xls"; 
            var temp = new Workbook(filename, new LoadOptions() { LoadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.CellData), CheckExcelRestriction = false }); 
            Console.WriteLine("Done") ;

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46214” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

1 Like

@brunojuliao,

This is to inform you that the problem has been fixed (previously recorded as “CELLSNET-46214”). After performing QA and adding other extensions and fixes, we will provide fixed version.

@brunojuliao

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46214) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.7. Please also check the document/article for your reference: Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation

1 Like

I can confirm that all the issues I reported are fixed. Thank you!

@brunojuliao,

Thank you for providing the feedback.