Aspose.Cells is adding unwanted styles on save method

I have a empty excel file that only includes the Style “Normal”.

When I open the excel file with Aspose.Cells and save it, it has alot of addtional styles when I open it in Excel again.

Used code:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook wbk = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“c://emtpy and no styles.xlsx”);

wbk.Save(“c://temp//emtyp saved aspose.xlsx”,Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsx);

so just use this attached excel and open it one time. You will see only the Style “Normal”.

use the code provided on the file and open the saved excel document. there are many styles then.

happens in 8.6.2.0 and also in 8.1.0.0

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have loaded your workbook and tested it by calling the Workbook.CountOfStylesInPool property and it showed 62 styles. So there are 62 styles inside it. It is not necessary these styles are shown in Microsoft Excel but they are internally present inside the xlsx file. Please change the extension to .zip and open it in WinRar and you will find hidden styles inside it.

I have attached the screenshot explaining this issue for a reference.

Thank your for the fast response.

I looked in the initial file and in the file that aspose creates on save and I can see the differences:

Original file:

cellStyle xfId=“24” hidden=“1” builtinId=“30” name=“20% - Accent1”/

Aspose.Cells after save:

cellStyle xfId=“38” name=“20% - Accent1”/

So it looks like aspose ignores the hidden=“1” attribute on saving.

For us this is a critical issue as user should only work with a small list of 10 styles.

In Excel this works without issues. But our solution is also opening and saving this files with aspose and users have to deal with 57 instead of 10 Styles.

Is there a way that I can tell aspose to keep this information?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue and found Aspose.Cells is displaying the hidden styles on save.

We have therefore logged it in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44082 - Aspose.Cells is displaying hidden styles on saving

Great! Thank you!

Hi Hristo,

This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44082. We will shortly provide the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.3

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44082) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.