Aspose.Cells - IsSuperscript not returning correct value

Hi,

We are using Aspose products from long time. Now I am working on Aspose.Cells and I need to extract a superscript character from a cell. For example, I am having a cell value as "Aspose" and the first character "A" is superscript. I have set this to superscript by going to FormatCells option of an excel. I use following code to get the IsSuperScript value. This code always returns false eventhough the chanracter I am at is superscript.

private void ReadExcelFile()

{

Cell cell = workBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 0];

string name = cell.Characters(0, 1).Font.Name;

bool isSuperScript = cell.Characters(0, 1).Font.IsSuperscript;

}

Some of the article said, programatically setting it to true, but thats not what I want. This property will be set manually to superscript and i need to read and findout which is superscript chanracter.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Venki

Hi Venki,

Thanks for pointing out the issue.

We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

We are waiting on this. This is very urgent for us. Can you please look in to it ASAP?

Hi,

Please set the cell value first,then set the rich text.Or we could not save the setting of rich text to the file.In the xls file, rich text setting should follow by a string value.

In MS Excel,if the cell is empty and you set the rich text,you will find if you select the cell again, the rich text setting is lost.

I did not understand what you mean here. What do you mean by setting the cell value first? As mentioned in my original post, the cell value is "Aspose" and the text "A" is superscripted. What do you mean by setting the rich text?

When I do

Cell cell = workBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 0];

The cell.Value is Aspose. But when I say

bool isSuperScript = cell.Characters(0, 1).Font.IsSuperscript;

Always it returns false.

Please explain me clearly what I need to do in excel and what I need to do in code?

Venki

Hi Venki,

Now I know your mean. We do not support to read the rich text from the template file . We only keep them and preserve them to file. We will look into this feature.Thanks for your patience.