We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Cells license stopped working - message is "You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation"

I have a full licensed copy of Aspose Cells that was purchased this year (Jan 2013). In our production system we started are getting the messaage...

You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation.

We are not using an evaluation copy - in fact our license cost more than $5,000. Please help as this is a crutial time for our application and it is affecting users across the globe. This couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Please help!

Hi,

I suspect your licensing code is not executed for your application all the time in your environment/scenario.

Aspose has a clean and reliable licensing mechanism. Generally, the issue should not have any links to the product. I think there might be something to do with your code where you are setting license for Aspose.Cells for .NET. Sometimes when setting licensing codes for multiple products at the same spot/location, you need to check if you have written the licensing code for Aspose.Cells for .NET separately and fine (see the topic for your complete reference: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Licensing). Also, there might be some sort of issue for the location where you set the license for the product. The main reason might be your code might be right but never processed at all during the whole life time of an Application cycle. I think you should make sure that the licensing code should be processed at least one time in the whole application life cycle, e.g for a web application, you may consider placing your licensing code into Application_start event. You may double check and debug your application for your scenario for such an issue as sometimes in a multi-threaded type of application which may result in such an issue if you are instantiating the licensing code separately for each thread/service or so.

If you still could not evaluate, kindly do provide us a sample application to reproduce the issue on our end, you may exclude the license file in the application. We will check it soon.

Thank you.