Aspose.Cells Load and Save speed increases dramatically as rows increase

I am evaluating version 3.7.1.0 and have noticed that the Aspose.Cells and MS Excel load and save speed increases dramatically as rows increase to 45 thousand and above. The time jumps from around 4 seconds for 10 thousand rows to over a minute for 45 thousand rows. A linear progression would have expected 20 seconds max, but it's three times that.

I'm working with chotz, who has posted previously with questions about the fastest way possible to load and save data. You have said the code we are using fine.

Do you have any ideas on what could cause the dramatic slow down at that particular row count?

I have attached the spreadseet of the test.

Laurence,

Have you been able to determine the cause for the following behaviour?

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Chris

brettfc wrote:

I am evaluating version 3.7.1.0 and have noticed that the Aspose.Cells and MS Excel load and save speed increases dramatically as rows increase to 45 thousand and above. The time jumps from around 4 seconds for 10 thousand rows to over a minute for 45 thousand rows. A linear progression would have expected 20 seconds max, but it's three times that.

I'm working with chotz, who has posted previously with questions about the fastest way possible to load and save data. You have said the code we are using fine.

Do you have any ideas on what could cause the dramatic slow down at that particular row count?

I have attached the spreadseet of the test.

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Yes. The performance is not linear because:

1. All cells in a worksheet is saved in a list. When the list is too large, it will spend more time on re-allocation.

2. To save memory, all strings are put in a string pool. When the number of strings are increased, it will take much more time to manage this pool.