We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Cells NamedRange insertion issue after Column No.256 (IV) in xlsx

Hi,

Cells are not getting inserted dynamically after column IV (256) though the Excel has 16384 as column limit.
Cell Names till IV (256) are generated properly but after that, the cell names are set in cyclic mode (i.e. from the start of that particular row).
Due to this, NamedRange expansion for a particular cell range.is improper

For example,

I am trying to expand particular cell range (say Sereis) dynamically from column 247 to 271 (like series1 to series25)
Say StartRow=5, EndRow=5, StartColoumn=247, EndColumn=271 (i.e. From 247+25 = 271)
In the saved xlsx file, the cell insertions has happened smoothly till 256 but after that, the named range for cells have been set from the start of the same row (like in cyclic mode).

Code for Creating Range
cells.createRange(area1.StartRow, area1.StartColumn,
area1.EndRow, area1.EndColumn - area1.StartColumn + 1);

Code for saving xlsx
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(xlsx);
workbook.save(new FileOutputStream(“Test.xlsx”));

Kindly refer the attached Excel where I have described the same scenario.

We have made sure that Excel is saved in xlsx format. Aspose Cells 8.3.1v is used.

Thanks,
Venkat
Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please create your Excel file in the following way and it should fix your issue. The code creates the Workbook in XLSX format which is a newer format and supports many more columns and rows than XLS format which is an older format and does not support that many rows and columns.

FYI:
XLS
65536x256 (till column IV)

XLSX
1048576x16384 (till column XFD)

Java
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.XLSX);