We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells .NET 19.12.0 can’t open XLS file - System.ArgumentNullException: 'Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value'

Hello,

We are currently attempting to opening the attached excel file. The exception we are getting when attempting to open the excel with Aspose is:

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at .()
at ​ . ( )
at ​ .( )
at ​ .( )
at ​ .(String , Chart , String )
at ​ .()
at ​ .(Boolean )
at ​ .( , String , Boolean )
at ​ .( )
at ​ . ()
at ​ .()
at ​​ .(Workbook , LoadOptions , Boolean )
at .(Stream )
at .(String , Stream , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.(Stream , LoadOptions , Boolean )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(Stream stream)
at ConsoleApp4.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\User\source\repos\ConsoleApp4\ConsoleApp4\Program.cs:line 28

Using the following code (.net console application)

string path = @“C:\test\test_excel.xlsx”;
FileStream fileStream = File.OpenRead(path);
fileStream.Position = 0;
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(fileStream);

Also checked same file with the latest version on Aspose.Cells library version 20.4.0 and got the same issue while opening that file. Any help in identifying any settings, changes, or ways we can approach opening this document would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

test_excel.zip (46.2 KB)

@porbistech,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and stack trace.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found an exception “System.ArgumentNullException: ‘Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value’” when loading the XLSX file by Aspose.Cells:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\test_excel.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47359” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hello

We did not get any solution on the problem and I can see the ticket CELLSNET-47359 marked as resolved. How can this status be resolved without any solution.

Also when can we expect a solution to this problem? We had this issue on the live application and the client is expecting a resolution asap.

We would appreciate a prompt response on this.

Best Regards
pOrbis

@porbistech,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47359”) now. We will provide you the fixed version, in couple of days, after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.5.

Hello,

Thanks for fixed version,but we are currently using Aspose.Cells 19.12.0 on live application.Could you please provide this fix in 19.12.0 that would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
pOrbis

@porbistech,

I am afraid, we cannot include fix in older versions, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. So, you should upgrade to latest version of the product. If your subscription allows, you may easily upgrade to newer version (with purchasing new license).