Aspose Cells .NET Core 2.1 saving workbook as PDF fails on Linux box

@rw3,

We have investigated your issue further and below are our findings:

After downloading “TMP - Plan Call Page.zip”, it contains 3 files:

1. TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm
  2. PC 488214 - Linux.pdf
  3. PC 488214 - Windows.pdf

Then, I tested following codes, on both Windows7 and Ubuntu:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(Constants.sourcePath + "TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm");
        workbook.Save(Constants.destPath + "TMP - Plan Call Page.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);

On both Windows7 and Ubuntu, I get the same results:
There are 4 charts in “TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm” and I can get all the 4 charts in “TMP - Plan Call Page.pdf”.

But I notice that in “TMP - Plan Call Page.zip”:
PC 488214 - Linux.pdf
PC 488214 - Windows.pdf
There are more than 4 charts in them, although they have different chats in them,
but I can not locate the problem based on “TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm” you provided.

So, would you please check the “TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm” you have already provided,
Is “PC 488214 - Linux.pdf” and “PC 488214 - Windows.pdf” created by “TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm”?

Please also provide a “PC 488214.xlsm”, which contains more charts so that we can investigate further and then reply you with all details.

@rw3,

We have investigated it based on the feedback recently shared by you. The "TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm " we have tested is 39KB, contains 4 charts. And the PDF files we have created is 46KB. But the “PC 488214 - Linux.pdf” and “PC 488214 - Windows.pdf” in “PlanCall.zip”, is 166KB, contains much more than 4 charts. I think may be you should check the "TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm " you provided? If the test file is larger, it will cost more time.

I will send you sample files for chart missing issue. For the slowness issue, I did tested with same template and no data, still it took on average 18 seconds. I am attaching the PDFs created. PlanCall_Outputs.zip (192.1 KB)

@rw3,

Thank you for the feedback. We have logged this information for analysis later and we will provide our feedback when ready. For slowness issue, as suggested earlier, please create a separate thread along with the detailed information and supporting files.

I think you got backwards, I will create a separate ticket for the chart missing issue and we can continue to discuss on the slowness issue in this one.

btw, created separate ticket for chart loss issue:

@rw3,

Yes you are right, separate thread is to be created for the missing charts issue as mentioned here.

Hello,

Any update on this?

@rw3,

Currently there is no significant update at the moment. We will let you know as soon as some progress will be made in this regard.

Sounds good, thank you.

Hello, Any update on this issue?

@rw3,

This issue is not resolved yet due to its complexity. I am afraid that ETA cannot be provided right now however you will be informed immediately once any feedback is ready to provide.

ok, thank you

@rw3,

Could you please try latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET by downloading it from following link.

Your issues should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Reports are saving lot quicker on linux box as well now, thank you!!!

I still see the following warnings:

** (process:6032): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: GdipWidenPath
** (process:6255): WARNING **: Requested 0 bytes. Maximum size for region is 262144 bytes.

First warning shows up only once when the first file is saved, second warning shows up occasionally in few files but when the second warning happens so of the file contents are distorted or the font the is larger. I am attaching a regular file with no issues and a file thats created with the second warning.

File with no issues.pdf (162.5 KB)
File created with warning.pdf (183.5 KB)

@rw3,

We are able to observe the issue “WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: GdipWidenPath” with the following sample file provided by you:

TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm

This information is recorded with the logged ticket for our reference. We will discuss this issue soon and provide our feedback.

However the second warning is not observed with the sample file. Please send us some sample file which can be used to observe this issue.

thanks, here is the excel file from the pdf was created with second warning.
PC 341710.zip (86.8 KB)

@rw3,

It seems that you have sent a different file as it is showing warning similar to first sample file as shown below:

Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag
** (process:4723): WARNING **: 06:17:19.960: NOT IMPLEMENTED: GdipWidenPath

Please verify the file again and provide your feedback.

Ah ok, regenerated the files and attaching again.

New Files.zip (248.3 KB)

Above zip contains three files:

1. TMP - Plan Call Page.xlsm => Template file used by the automation to populate data from db.
  2. PC 341710.pdf => File that has the second warning issue and some texts are larger.
  3. PC 341710.xlsx => Excel version of the second warning issue file.

@rw3,

We have tested all the sample files provided by you and getting following warning only:

ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag
** (process:988): WARNING **: 08:32:43.900: NOT IMPLEMENTED: GdipWidenPath

We have observed this issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNETCORE-14 - Warning raised while converting XLSX/XLSM to PDF

I have also recorded the following warning message in the ticket for our reference:
** (process:6255): WARNING **: Requested 0 bytes. Maximum size for region is 262144 bytes.

Regarding the larger text issue, I have converted PC 341710.xlsx to PDF using Excel 365 and observed that output PDF also contains large text. This seems to be issue with the source Excel file. You may please try it at your end and provide us some sample file which can be converted correctly using Excel but not by Aspose.Cells. We will analyze it and provide our feedback.