Aspose Cells .NET Gridview

@demetri.clark,

We will try to fix your issue soon. Generally, it takes 5-7 days to fix an issue if it is not complex. Complex issues might take some weeks or months to be sorted out. We are analyzing the issue and hopefully it will fixed soon.

We will keep you updated on the status of the issue.

@demetri.clark,
We have investigated that all the ajax post request will not get correct response, just get “301 Moved Permanently”

if you remove the code below in global.asax

Sub Application_Start(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
RouteConfig.RegisterRoutes(RouteTable.Routes)
BundleConfig.RegisterBundles(BundleTable.Bundles)
End Sub

the ajax call works, so just try to keep the ajax call which can work normal for gridweb server.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui

I have tried removing that code and that does not allow the project to run for me. I receive a 404 error

image.png (16.6 KB)

Also @Amjad_Sahi may you provide me your sample project that you sent a video of that did work as expected?

Please send it as soon as you can if I can have something working I can stick with the tool for this project and hopefully get granted licensing. Again thank you for the help you have already provided.

@demetri.clark,

Please download the sample project which I used while capturing demo (I shared earlier). It works fine on my end and formulas are calculated upon changing the values in the source cells as per the demo video. Basically it is the same Github repos. Aspose.Cells for .NET Examples project, I just copied your template file to the source folder and updated the code segment in “ImportExportFile.aspx.cs” to accommodate your code segment a bit.

Please open the solution file “Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Examples.CSharp.sln” in VS.NET from “gridexamples\Aspose.Cells-for-.NET-master\Examples_GridWeb" folder and run it (”\GridWebBasics\ImportExportFile.aspx").

Let us know your feedback.

Also, regarding

We will check and may provide you the fixed project soon.

Hello,

I decided to continue with the c sharp version that you have provided and show in the demo. I was able to get it to work in my environment. I have ran into an issue with a certain functionality data validation Dependent drop down list seem to not function correctly. When one option is selected in one list it dictates what options are used for the next dropdown.

I have attached the code which I’m using the same you provided and my excel sheet. You will see the dropdown example with fruits and vegetables.
Aspose stuff.zip (11.8 KB)

@demetri.clark,

Thanks for the template file.

I confirmed the issue with certain functionality data validation dependent drop down list seem does not function correctly. When one option is selected in one list it dictates what options are used for the next dropdown in MS Excel. Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work the same way as MS Excel. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46910” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Also I have a question regarding the postback in gridweb. When is the postback triggered? Is it on cell change? Or do we have to force to postback on cell change?

I do see it is a javascript method for cell change is that the only way to have an action after cell change and not thru code-behind?

@demetri.clark,

Well, postback occurs on different events or actions. For example, when you save the workbook, re-calculate formulas in the spreadsheet or navigating b/w sheets or worksheet is changed, etc. We will check if we could provide you complete details regarding when postback triggers for Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

@demetri.clark,

Furthermore, the postback will be triggered when the cell changes, so, it needs to async value with sever side. The scripts written in acwmain.js make it happen automatically.

What do you mean by “so, it needs to async value with sever side.”?

@demetri.clark,

I mean when you change a cell value, it demands to async value on server side. Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does it automatically (as per the scripts in acwmain.js).

Hello,

I have a question reguarding hiding column headers and rows headers.

GridWorksheet sheet = GridWeb1.WorkSheets[0];

sheet.IsRowColumnHeadersVisible = false;

That is what I am using and it does not like IsRowColumnHeadersVisible it does not recognize it. Would you have any insight on this?

@demetri.clark,
This property is available in Worksheet class only. It is not there in the GridWorksheet class that is why it is not recognised in your sample code. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

@demetri.clark,

Please set the GridWeb.ShowHeaderBar property to false if you wish to hide the row & column headers in GridWeb interface. Also, see the documents for your further reference:

@demetri.clark,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46910”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Okay thank you guys for your help.

@demetri.clark,

Please try our latest version/fix with resource files: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v19.9.1 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSNET-46910” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.19.9.1.zip (4.9 MB)

Thank you for this. It does worked as expected. I do have a question regarding named ranges and tables. If the data validation is “= SUBLIST” with sublist being a named range, when that is imported into aspose will that be recognized? Cause for me it produces a blank dropdown

@demetri.clark,

Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does support to create named ranges on the fly, see the document for your reference:

It might have an issue when importing files with named ranges. Could you provide us sample to show the issue, we will check it soon.

By the way, if you want a library (without UI) to mange (read, write, render, convert, print, etc.) MS Excel file format and relevant objects, Aspose.Cells component will more suit you. It supports almost all the features which MS Excel (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016) provides. So, if you just need APIs to mange MS Excel files (in code) at every level, you may try it.