Aspose cells number not rendered and dialog box issue

@rutuja.mahajan

For numbers are displayed as #, only the first page you highlighted/commented has this problem, we will try to fix it. For other pages you highlighted/commented, the numbers are also displayed as # in the Excel generated pdf(Manually clear printarea for every sheet, then manually save to pdf in Excel).

Please let us know your feedback.

@rutuja.mahajan

This is to inform you that your issue CELLSJAVA-45200(old Id: CELLSNET-52678) has been resolved. The fix will be included in an upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.3) that we plan to release in the first half of March 2023. You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45200(old Id: CELLSNET-52678)) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.3.

1 Like

Hi,
Now I am using the latest Aspose cells 23.3
Using java 8 on Windows system I have found different issues, please check these files Output_23.3.zip (8.7 MB)

Through code we are considering the printarea and onePagePerSheet is set to False.

@rutuja.mahajan

We can’t reproduce the issue by directly saving to pdf file: output.pdf (244.8 KB)

Workbook wb = new Workbook("PRV-MM-TQ-00015.xls");
wb.save("output.pdf");

Please share us your souce code if your code is different, and share us the generated pdf file generated by Aspose.Cells.

Hi,
It was not getting converted through Aspose, for this I have already raised ticket and provided the source code,

@rutuja.mahajan

We can’t reproduce the issue with your code on our side.
Also it seems that the pdf you shared is not generated by Aspose.Cells:
Screenshot_producer.png (36.5 KB)

Please share us the pdf file generated by Aspose.Cells.

Yes, it is not converted through Aspose, that is the issue, getting java.lang.Exception
I can not share generated PDF before that only I am getting exception.

Can you share latest Aspose cell 23.3 jar, in case it is not correct one which I have downloaded.

@rutuja.mahajan,
Please visit the link: Aspose.Cells | Excel Spreadsheet Processing Java Library

@rutuja.mahajan

I am a little confused.
What is the issue now on your side?

Please ignore this previous output zip it was not generated through Aspose.
Also the standalone program works fine but when I run in my project workbook.save throwing the exception, checking at my end.
Thanks.

@rutuja.mahajan
Is the issue of throwing exception same as Aspose Cells exception while converting XLS files ?
If you want to comfirm version , please use System.out.println( CellsHelper.getVersion());

Yes it is same. I will try this, thanks.

@rutuja.mahajan
We will close this topic and we can discuss the issue of throwing exception in another topic.

Yes, issue of throwing exception can be discuss on that topic, but keep this open for CELLSNET-52679 - Dialog box is not converted into output PDF properly

@rutuja.mahajan,

Yes, the issue “CELLSJAVA-45199” is still open and you will be notified once we resolve the issue or there are some other updates available.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue, please?

Thanks

@rutuja.mahajan
No updates on your issue. Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@rutuja.mahajan
Your issue(CELLSJAVA-45199) has been resolved and the fixed functionality will be released with version 24.2.
Here is the resulting file generated using the latest function:
PRV-MM-TQ-00015-java.pdf (285.5 KB)

It should be noted that this time we mainly fixed the problems you encountered. Dialog shape rendering itself is still being optimized and you may encounter other issues while using it. If you find a problem, please contact us and we will solve it for you.

@rutuja.mahajan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45199) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 24.2.