ASPOSE CELLS Question

Hi Amjad,

I was given your name by Sarbjot S. Makkar who I work with here in KPMG. I’m currently working on a project here at KPMG that uses ASPOSE Cells and were converting our apps to now take advantage of Office 2007. Our application opens an existing xlsm 2007 spreadsheet and inserts some data into it and then sends the updated spreadsheet out to the user who opens it through our website. The problem we are having is that when you click a command button we are getting a “File in Use” error message box. The content basically says “somefile.xlsm is locked for editing”. We can then open in read only mode or cancel.

We believe ASPOSE may have something to do with this issue because we have been able to open the same file and use the buttons correctly if we just open the file without having ASPOSE save it. If ASPOSE opens and saves it though, the buttons no longer work.

Is there any known issues regarding something similar? Any help you can give me or if you can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently using ASPOSE version 4.5.5

Thanks,

Casey Kralik

KPMG

Manager of Development

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Amjad Sahi.

Dear Casey Kralik,

Thanks for providing us some details about your issue.

Could you post your template .xlsm file, we will check the issue soon.

Thank you.

Attached are the files. The version "TestFileBeforeAspose.xlsm" is a simple example of different buttons with attached code. When opened directly off a web page all buttons function correctly. The version "TestFileAfterAspose.xlsm" is the exact previous file but it has been opened by aspose and had some worksheets inserted in it. When this file is opened directly form a web page some of the buttons fail. The message being ""File in Use", "filename.xlsm is locked for editing".

Please note two things: 1) I did enable macros when opening the spreadsheet. and 2) This issue only occurs when opening directly from the web page. If I save the file locally first and then open I do not have the issue.

Thanks,

Casey

Hi Casey,

I could not reproduce the issue you have mentioned. I opened your template .xlsm file and save it as, when I click the open button (in download dialog box) to open the file into MS Excel 2007 it works fine, the buttons don't get me the error you have mentioned.

I try the following code in an asp.net application using the temlpate file with 4.5.1.7.

Sample code:

//Instantiate a new Workbook.
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Open(Server.MapPath(@"\CellsApp\Designer\TestFileAfterAspose.xlsm"),FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsm);
workbook.Save("out_TestFileAfterAspose.xlsm", FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsm, SaveType.OpenInExcel, Response);

We will further investigate your issue soon.

Thank you.

Not sure of the exact sequence you used...

When presented with FIRST download dialog where where you can either Open or Save. You must select OPEN. You can't first save and then open. This is when I get the problems. If I save and then open everything is fine. The problem ONLY occurs if I open immediately without any saving.

Also, if you did open the file without saving did you try all of the buttons?

Thanks,

Casey

Hi,

After implementing your scenario, we found the image button failure issue you have mentioned. We will figure it out soon.

But to the issue that file become read only if saved by our API. We found downloading the file “TestFileBeforeAspose.xlsm” from web and directly opening it in MS Excel without save to local will also appear “File in Use” error message box. So, if you can download and open the file without any error, could you provide us the source code. It will help us to figure out the issue. Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed the image button failure issue.

Thank you