Aspose.Cells Reporting Services - cannot find XLA

Hello,

I have downloaded the most recent trial of Aspose Cells for Reporting Services and installed only the client part. I have Visual Studio 2008 SP 1, SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced Tools and Office 2003 installed.

I would like to test the report designer in Excel 2003. However, when I select “Aspose Cells Reporting Services Client” from the AddIn list in Excel, then Excel reports that it could not find Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.xla.

I have not changed the default installation folder during the installation. How can I solve this problem? Do I have to register the add-in?

Thanks for your help,
Mario

Hi Mario,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services by downloading it from the following link:

Please check for “Addin” folder in ${installation folder}. There are some excel add-in in the folder. You can also find install.log file in ${installation folder}, Please post install.log file here. We will check it and get back to you soon.

You may also refer the online installation document by using the following link:

Thank You & Best Regards,

This is my install.log. It points out a NullReferenceException in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Installer.ExtensionInstaller.

I have tried the most recent version of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices that you provide in your download area.

Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Install Desginer
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Create the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aspose\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices key
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Get user the key value ,first
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: regKey.GetValue
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: =================Start loading client program ===================
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Check Client Condition
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Register Assembly
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Login Client
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:04 :: Add add-in Manager of office 8.0
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: regKey.GetValue
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: Add add-in Manager of office 11.0
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: Installing desginer is error in excel 11.0
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Installer
bei Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Installer.ExtensionInstaller.x2bd213e01baf15ec(String x272bc993a9d89cb6, String x3228e1e96681c1c1)
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: Add add-in Manager of office 12.0
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: Configure Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Dll for Client
Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 15:02:05 :: =================Loading client program is over ===================

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details about your issue and log file. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

With the installation from your download link above, the AddIn loads correctly in Excel.

Now I am trying to connect to the local Reporting Services server. I have installed SQL Server with Advanced Tools and did not change the installation defaults for Reporting Services.

If I click on “View Report” in Excel, then Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices asks for the report server URL. I tried “http://localhost/reportserver_sqlexpress” and several variants but I keep receiving a message from Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices telling me that the connection failed.

1. Do you know about a way to find the correct report server URL?

2. Isn’t it possible to view the report without Reporting Services just by loading the data into MS Excel as with any other external datasource?

Regards, Mario

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

mario.muja:

Do you know about a way to find the correct report server URL?

You can use IE test report server URL. If IE can browse and view report, the URL is correct.

e.g. http://192.168.0.118/ReportServer, Please input correct username and password.

mario.muja:

1. Isn’t it possible to view the report without Reporting Services just by loading the data into MS Excel as with any other external datasource?

First, you must install Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices server component at server. Second, the report can be normally view through IE.

Please add debug information in log.

1. Please modify the log parameter in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

2. Please do your oparetions again.

3. Check Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log in ${installation folder} folder and post log file here. We will check it.

4. If you do not find Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log file ,please modify installation folder permission.