Aspose Cells Reporting Services - Programmatic Rows

I have two questions on controlling the output using Aspose Cells for Reporting Services.

The first item is based on the value from a dataset, I need to set the background color of a cell to a certain value. For example, if the value is a 4 or 5, then the cell is green and if the value is a 1 or 2, the cell is red. Can this be done?

The second item is adding rows programmatically. For example, I need to return text from a stored procedure. Sometimes the text is larger than will fit in a cell. I would like to have the text split over two or three rows so it is all visible to the user. I figure that I could do this in my stored procedure and just return multiple rows for the same header information, but I am hoping to use an existing stored procedure where this is not done. Therefore, I need to take data from a dataset and use a formula to split the text into multiple rows. Can this be done?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services - Documentation

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

michaell:

I have two questions on controlling the output using Aspose Cells for Reporting Services.

The first item is based on the value from a dataset, I need to set the background color of a cell to a certain value. For example, if the value is a 4 or 5, then the cell is green and if the value is a 1 or 2, the cell is red. Can this be done?

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services supports changing background color according to the value.

a. If you use Visual Studio to design your report file, you may set background color expression in your report. Please see the attached screen shot for reference.

b. If you use Aspose.Cells Report Designer to design your report, you may use the conditional formatting functionality of MS Excel to achieve your desired result for setting the background.

michaell:

The second item is adding rows programmatically. For example, I need to return text from a stored procedure. Sometimes the text is larger than will fit in a cell. I would like to have the text split over two or three rows so it is all visible to the user. I figure that I could do this in my stored procedure and just return multiple rows for the same header information, but I am hoping to use an existing stored procedure where this is not done. Therefore, I need to take data from a dataset and use a formula to split the text into multiple rows. Can this be done?

I am afraid; Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support this feature at the moment.

Thank You & Best Regards,

To solve the row issue, I will break apart the data into multiple rows in the dataset. However, whenever I set my reporting range to include more than one row in Excel, the "Save Report" fails with an error message of "Saving Report File Failed.". For example, if I set the attribute range to be B5 to D5, the report saves file. If I set the range to B5 to D6 (two rows), the report fails to save.

The examples in the documentation show multiple rows being set, however, I cannot get the report to save.

Hi,

Well, MS Excel only allows to put a string shorter than 32K to a cell. Please post your example report here and we will check it soon.

I think you misunderstand me. I am just trying to put data in excel under two different rows. The data is less than 100 characters. If I define the range as being on the same row, B5 to C5, the file will save. If I define the range as being on different rows, B5 to C6, then the save of the report will fail in excel.

Why?

Hi,

Please create / post your example report here and we will check it soon to understand / figure out the issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11090) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.