Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices

Just downloaded Aspose.Total trial and installed. It installed components to default instance RS instead of SQLExpress RS so I went thru manual registration to put Aspose renderers into express RS and restarted the RS service (but I left the DLLs where they were installed).

In VS 2005 bids project, I preview an rdl report and select Save but I only see Microsoft renderers and Aspose Word renderers, not Aspose.Pdf or Aspose.Cells renderers. How can I register all Aspose renderers with VS 2005?

My purpose in looking at Aspose.Cells is to render an RS report containing nested data regions in Excel which I cannot do with the Microsoft renderer for SQL 2005 RS.

Hi,

Do you install Aspose.Total for Reporting Services.

Please check how to install and register the component for your reference:

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. For some reason the msi installer did not detect that I had bids installed in VS 2005 (except Aspose Word renderers were there) and so I had to find a way to add the Cells renderer manually to VS 2005. I found how to do that in an Aspose blog which had me edit the RSReportDesigner.config and RSPreviewPolicy.config in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies. After I did that I could see the Aspose.Cells for RS renderer and others in the Save drop-down in report designer preview tab.

But, selecting the Aspose CSV or XLS export yields nothing in Excel but a spreadsheet with only the report header on it. No data cells at all.What could cause this?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you post your RDL file here, we will check it soon. And by the way which version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services you are using?

Thank you.

I downloaded the Aspose.Total for reporting services from the Download area on the Aspose website this morning. The Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll version is 1.1.0.0.

My RDL file is attached.

Thank you. We are desperately seeking an Excel renderer that works with Sql Server 2005 RS for a development project now in progress. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for the RDL file.

We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.