Aspose Cells SVG Font Issue

We have purchased licenses for Aspose Cells for Java.
We are having issues displaying SVG images inside PowerPoint.
It seems that Aspose embeds the text nodes, font families, font styles etc inside the svg and if the client which renders it (PowerPoint in this case) doesn’t have that same font and style, then it has issues rendering the SVG correctly.
Attached what the image looks like in powerpoint, as well as the svg binary - test_image where you can see the embedded fonts and styles.
We are wondering if it is possible to somehow convert the SVG text nodes into vectors?
For example Aspose.Words for Java SvgTextOutputMode | Aspose.Words for Java has the ability to render text using curves or glyphs, or use svg fonts to render the text.
We can see that you offer an online tool Text to Vector | Convert SVG text to vector graphics online for free to do this as well
As well as provide the ability in Aspose.SVG Convert Text to Vector Paths in C# - Aspose.SVG
What is the best way to ensure that any SVG created by Aspose Cells, gets rendered correctly on a different application or machine?
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 1.21.59 AM.png (19.3 KB)

test_image.7z (771 Bytes)

@TomBedard
At present, Aspose.Cells does not support rendering text using curves and glyphs or using svg fonts to render the text.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45785

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@TomBedard ,

It seems that the svg file you shared is not generated by Aspose.Cells for Java.

Do you use Aspose.Cells for Java to convert Excel files to Svg images, then insert the generated Svg images into PowerPoint?

My coworker gave me the file, which I am 90% sure was generated by Aspose.Cells. We use Aspose.Cells for Java to convert tables and charts to SVG images.
I’ll confirm with him and/or provide another example.

@TomBedard
Yes, if you can provide a runnable program that includes the Excel file, it would help us further analyze the issue. Thank you!

AsposeCreatedSVG.7z (1.0 KB)

I’ve attached another file.
The issue isn’t really related to MY images. Aspose.Cells embeds the fonts in the image. For example if you open the attached in Notepad++ on lines 65-69 you’ll see:

•    <text x="0" y="-3.81445312" font-family="Arial" font-size="18" fill="#FFFFFF" font-weight="bold">Gross</text>

•   <text x="52.02246094" y="-3.81445312" font-family="Arial" font-size="18" fill="#FFFFFF" font-weight="bold"> </text>

•   <text x="57.0234375" y="-3.81445312" font-family="Arial" font-size="18" fill="#FFFFFF" font-weight="bold">Margin</text>

•  </g>

(Apologies for the formatting, not sure how to do this correctly)

I’m looking for an alternative to having the font be named “font-family=Arial” which requires the font to be on the target machine. Obviously, Arial is fine, but custom and obscure fonts are unlikely to be on my end user machine.

Would like to be able to indicate a source to get the fonts, or embed them.

@TomBedard,

Thanks for providing us the SVG file and further details.

We have logged it with your existing ticket “CELLSJAVA-45785” into our database. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Furthermore, it will be best if you could also provide the source Excel file for your SVG file for analysis.