We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells Template structure

Hey,

Does Aspose.Cells for Reporting Service support Aspose.Words Template syntax in any way? Specifically, how could I achieve populating rows from the incoming data in Cells? This can be done easily in Aspose.Words with <<foreach-tags but is there same kind of mechanism in Cells?

@Suikero,

Now, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support Aspose.Words Template syntax.
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Service is an implementation of Microsoft Reporting Services Rendering Extension. It can render RDL reports designed by both Visual Studio and Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer.
Could you give us more information about your requirement in MS Reporting Services? Or you check the online document of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services to see if there are features that meet your requirement.

Hey,

I think I worded that poorly and didn’t actually mean Reporting Services. Let me try again.

We have XML-data coming which we use to populate/render Word-templates. Kind of like this, taken from the Word-template which creates rows based on n amount of products coming from XML:

<<foreach [in xml.testGroup.product]>><<[Name]>> 

I meant to ask, if its possible to achieve same kind of functionality in Excel-template? So we have XML-request coming through, but want to create/render/populate Excel-template instead of Words-template from it and we need same kind of functionality what foreach provides to populate rows in Excel. Or does Cells populate rows automatically from it?

I think we have to use Cells-solution since Aspose.Words doesn’t support Excel-files to my understanding. We’re using Aspose.Words LINQ Template syntax in Word-templates but have not found same kind of foreach functionality in Aspose.Cells.

@Suikero,

We have a similar kind of feature named Smart Markers in Aspose.Cells which you may try. Smart Markers feature is also template Excel file based where you place markers into the cells and which are filled/replaced with original data from your data source.