Aspose.Cells This file's format is not supported or you don't specify a correct format

I have been trying to process a excel file (.xls format) using LoadData() or Open() methods of aspose.cells.workbook. I tried all the different file types available in the open method and none of them worked. I am getting the following error:

This file's format is not supported or you don't specify a correct format.

Excel 2007 can open this file without any issues.

The file has the sensitive data and i am reluctant to send that file over. if i open and save the file on my machine to mock up the data it contains, the problem goes away. It is only happening with the version of file that we are getting from client.

Your help is highly appreciated.

--Shoaib

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, this exception occurs when the file is not in the format supported by Aspose.Cells. Please share your template file with us so we can figure out your issue soon. As your template file has some confidential data, so you may mark this thread as private by checking “Keep this post as private” checkbox at the bottom when replying to the post, thus only Aspose staff and you would be able to see your attachments.

Alternatively, you can email your template file to us, so we can resolve your issue asap. To email please follow these under mentioned steps,

1: click the Contact button in the Post.
2: In the drop down list options click "Send nausherwan.aslam an Email”.
3: Attach the template file and send it.
4: Once you have done it, kindly confirm us on this thread.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Shoaib,

We have receieved your template file via email. We have found the issue you mentioned after an initial test. We will provide a fix for it soon.

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, your file is of file format MS Excel 2.1 Worksheet(.xls).Please save it to MS Excel 97~2007 file format using MS Excel and then try to load it by using Aspose.Cells.