Aspose.Cells under .Net 4

My company is currently migrating our MSI to .Net 4. I downloaded version 7.3.3 of Aspose.Cells and imported the .dll listed as compatible with .Net 3.5 and 4 into my Visual Studio .Net 4 project. However, this dll is listed in Visual Studio as .Net 2. See attached screenshot.

I have run some tests and it seems to work fine, even on a computer that doesn’t have .Net 2 installed. But I wanted to make sure that I am not missing something.

Thank you for your assistance,
Bruestle2

Hi,

You are doing fine and using the correct version of the Aspose.Cells for .NET.
The Aspose.Cells.Dll in the net2.0 folder (@ your installation directory), is compiled and targeted to “AnyCPU”, which means one can use the component on any machine/environment whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit etc. So, it equally works fine on .NET framework versions i.e. 2.x, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 etc.

See the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Using+Aspose.Cells+component+on+32+bit+and+64+bit+Platforms

Let us know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Thank you for the verification!

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Moreover, if your project’s Target framework is “.NET Framework 4 Client Profile”, then you should use the Aspose.Cells.dll component file located in net_ClientProfile folder.

Also, if you are new to Aspose.Cells, then we recommend you to download and try the latest offline demos of Aspose.Cells.

These demos will help you get familiar with Aspose.Cells API(s) quickly and these demos can work with Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010. Please read the readme.txt file before running the demos.