Aspose cells v2.2 on windows server 2012

Hi,

One of our client’s application is using Aspose cells v2.2. It is a web application (.Net framework 2.0) running on windows server 2003.
We are planning to migrate the application to Windows server 2012 R2. Please let us know whether Aspose cells v 2.2 is compatible on Windows server 2012 R2 or not. If not compatible, what is the earliest version of Aspose cells compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks,
Rohini
Technology lead
Infosys technologies limited

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

We are not sure about the version (you mentioned v2.2 but I think you might be wrong, you should right-click on Aspose.Cells.Dll file and then click the Details tab (in the dialog) to check the file version) of Aspose.Cells that you are using. Anyways, We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and try our latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0 at Windows Server 2012 R2, it would work fine. And see the System requirements page for your complete reference:

Please let us know if I can be of any further help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
We rechecked the version, It is Aspose Cells v4.7.1.0 that is being used. Could you please confirm the compatibility of v4.7.1.0 on windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks,
Rohini

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

Well, I think your older version v4.7.1 might work on Windows Server 2012 R2 although I am not entirely certain about it. Please check if you could find .NET framework 2.0 compiled version of the component at your installation directory (in e.g net2.0 folder), you may try this version on your Windows Server 2012 R2, it might work fine on it. If you do not have .NET framework 2.0 compiled version of the component, I am afraid, you might not use Aspose.Cells on the underlying server.

Moreover, we highly recommend you to kindly try and upgrade to our latest version/fix (e.g v8.6.0 (latest version)). Over the years, we have made lots of enhancements, included new features and included lots of fixes in the newer versions of the product. The latest versions of the product do work well on both 32 bits and 64-bits system, you may read, write, manipulate, render or print Advanced MS Excel (2007/2010, 2013) file formats (e.g XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB etc.).

Thank you.