Aspose.Cells v8.5.1 not resolving references inside custom formula

We have been using Aspose.Cells for NET for more than two years for calculating our custom formula. The latest licensed version we have been using is v8.2. which is not handling conditional formatting in the workbook. I am evaluating v8.5.1 with a temporary license to see if the problem has been fixed but the calculations are not working as Aspose.Cells for NET is not resolving references inside our custom formulae.

I am attaching the relevant parts of the code for your attention.

Thanks

Behzad

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved with the latest v8.5.1. If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your sample console application replicating this issue with v8.5.1. Please also let us know which older version was working good. It will also be helpful if you also provide us your source excel file, actual output excel file and the expected output excel file. Please create expected output excel file manually using Microsoft Excel.

We will look into your issue and help you asap. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

Well, since the release of Aspose.Cells v8.5.0, we changed a few parameters’ type/ behavior in the ICustomFunction.CalculateCustomFunction. For reference, please see the description and example(s) under the sub-heading: “Changed the ICustomFunction.CalculateCustomFunction Parameters” in the public API changes section of v8.5.0, so you should understand it and accommodate changes in your existing code etc:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Public+API+Changes+in+Aspose.Cells+8.5.0

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I made the relevant changes and the conditional formatting is working for the large part. There is a minor issue (at least for us) and it is that the icon sets do not show the arrows. Is this something you are aware of?

Thanks,
Behzad Samadianpour

Hi Behzad,

There are no such known issues relating to conditional formatting. However such issue appears time to time and are related to specific excel file such as yours. Please provide us your sample files and sample code so that we investigate this issue at our end and fix it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your support response.

Attached please find a zip file containing the relevant parts of the code and the Excel template with the conditional formatting.

Regards,

Behzad Samadianpour

Hi,

I have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.1.2
and could not spot any issue in the output xlsx and xlsm files.

I have attached the output excel files for your reference. Please download them and see if you could find any error inside them.

I was unable to run your code successfully. Please provide us runnable console application project replicating this issue. Also provide us your actual output excel file and the screenshot highlighting the issue with red circles. This will help us investigate and fix this issue more quickly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

C#

string filePath = @“D:\Downloads\New Dashboard.xltm”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

workbook.Save(“output.xlsm”, SaveFormat.Xlsm);