Aspose.cells version 4.4.1 - Charts

We upgraded from aspose.excel to aspose.cells 4.4.1 recently. i am in the process of modifying existing applications to use to aspose.cells. I am using the xls templates files(that has charts) to populate the report and charts. i am using simple search and replace function to populate the cells looping through each sheet . I never had any problem in aspose.excel . The datalables in the charts are not showing the value properly as soon as i changed to use aspose.cells..The numbers are wrapped in the charts especially if it is large numbers. do i have to change any code if i convert any application from aspose.excel to aspose.cells. I am not using any specific code to populate charts. Its just search and replace . I need help . following is my replace function .

Thanks,

Rajee Raman

Private Sub ReplaceXltCellForNumValue(ByRef CurrentSheet As Worksheet, ByVal SearchFor As String, ByVal ReplaceNumValue As Double)

'Put a string into a cell

Dim currentCells As Cells = CurrentSheet.Cells()

Dim currentcell As Cell

For Each currentcell In currentCells

If currentcell.StringValue = SearchFor Then

currentcell.PutValue(ReplaceNumValue)

End If

Next

End Sub

Hi,

Could you try the attached version 4.4.3.9. If the problem still persists, could you post your template input and output files with all the details here, we will check it soon.

For upgrading from Aspose.Excel to Aspose.Cells, please check the notes below:

Aspose.Excel has been renamed to become Aspose.Cells. The latest Aspose.Cells component is more reliable, stable and prosperous with enhanced and advanced functionality. There is not much abor involved upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells. However, when you upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells, Please note:

Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we now offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included of the classes with a very few excluded.

Following is the classes list which are renamed:

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.

For more info, please check the Aspose.Cells Documentation with APIs: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/index.html

Thank you.

Hi

Where can I see the attachment to download.If I try to download from the aspose site the version 4.4.3, Its displaying as unknown publisher. I am confused. We have lot of reports which has graphs. We upgraded because we thought aspose.cells is better than aspose.excel. Now even the existing functionality is not working properly. We have very little time for project release. Please help. I attached the template file.

Hi

I saw the attachment and tried with version 4.4.3.9 . It did not help . I am attaching my output file.

thanks,

Rajee Raman

Hi Rajeshwari Roman,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We found the issue after an initial test and will provide you the fix soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

We have fixed this bug of reading the chart from the template file.

Hi,

Your new fix is working in populating the correct value in charts (using the template files) . When I am saving the report its is giving the file name as "copy of report.aspx" as file name . But the file type is correct. This problem was existed in aspose.cells. I thought this would have been fixed in aspose.cells. Can the dll in attachment ( after fixing the bug ) be used for .net 2.0. Currently we are using .net 1.0 for aspose reports. In my application I make the excel objet set to nothing and wokrsheet object set to nothing. Is there anything should I use to release the resources. Some time If I try to open the reports second time i am getting the following message."report.aspx already exists .Do you want to open it again? " thanks for your immediate attention.

Rajee Rtaman

Hi Rajee,

Well, you may use this fix (Aspose.Cells.dll) on .NET 2.0 without any problem.

Aspose.Cells is a pure .Net component and we totally rely on .NET Garbage Collector(GC) to release memory. GC won't release memory when you set the objects to nothing. It only releases memory when it thinks it's appropriate, Also in web asp.net application, memory collection is not only handle by GC, but also by the internal asp.net process.

Thank you.

We are using xlt for populating the aspose.cells report. Based on the number of company numbers given to the page I have to add worksheets using the same template to populate the reports with different company data. So far we are using only for one given company number . How do I do it .In excel following code is used within the loop. oTemplate = oApplication.Workbooks.Add(sTemplateName). After populating template the template is set to nothing . Is there a way in aspose . I ma using excelstdReport.Open(templateFilePath) , but i am not closing. Basicall i want to add more worksheet based on the parameters and reuse the same xlt.

Thanks, Rajee Raman

Hi Rajee,

When you call Workbook.Save() method, all the objects, resources, data related the workbook object would be null. Could you elaborate more your requirement and show your sample code, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

HI,

When I openend the fisrst aspose ecell/excel report its working fime. When opened the other report which is using the same aspx page i am getting the following error . I have to click ok , then its loading the report. Each time I have to kill the excel object to see the other report. Is it because catche . I see it more now with the version you sent with the hot fix (4.4.3.11) Following is the error msg."a document with the name statementpage.aspx? already open. you cna not open two documents with the same name even if they exists in different folders.to open the second document either close the document currently open" thanks,Rajee

HI,

I am using AddCopy method and it is not working properly. It added only 2 worksheets and gave me the follwing error. Message "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index" String
Follwing is the my code for addcopy . My template has 9 worksheets . I see the aspose.cells has more bugs. I am frustated . I am using the dll version (4.4.3.11) which you sent with the fix . I need help

nsheetcount = excelReportObject.Worksheets.Count

If ClsCompany.Length > 0 Then

For ncopyctr = 0 To ClsCompany.Length

For naddctr = 0 To nsheetcount

excelReportObject.Worksheets.AddCopy(naddctr)

Next

Next

End If

Thanks, Rajee

Hi Rajee,

I checked and tested Worksheets.AddCopy() method using your code with a sample template file having 9 worksheets, it just works fine without any problem and the output file is fine with all the worksheets are duplicated ok.

Could you give us more details and post your sample template file which may help us to reproduce the issue you are talking about.

Thank you.

hi ,

I used the same template which i sent it to you last week. It was not working on sheet 3 , and sheet 8 . Addcopy method was working for most of the sheets . I got the error in sheet 3 and 8 . I used the version 4.4.3.11 dll which you sent with the fix for the chart. Ours is not a trial version also. I will attach the template again for you to try.

thanks, Rajee

Hi,

Still could not reproduce the issue using your template file "2007 SF ESR5 Template", could you try the attached version.

If you still find the issue, post your template file with sample code here. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please ignore Amjad's post.We have found your problem. It's caused by not Contiguous Data value of the ASeries. We will fix it soon.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

We have supported copy unContiguous Data value of the ASeries.

Hi,

Thanks for fixing the addcopy function. Is there any limit of workseheets to be added in a workbook. I also noticed when i am running the .net application that generates the aspose the .net worker process and excel.exe is using lot of memory. Even the one page report is coming very slow and the charts are not showing with the color and opening very slowly. On the page load after i open the template i setting all the objects to nothing . Following is the code in the page load. Is there anything am i missing. Let me know . I need help . We have to show more reports in the browser.Thanks, Rajee

excelstdReport.Save(sTemplateFile, FileFormatType.Default, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, MyBase.Response)

' Release resources: set excel object and sheets object to nothing

' From Aspose:

' set Excel object to null after call the save method, that can reduce the reference count

' and make garbage collector recycle memory faster.

sTemplateFile = Nothing

For Each currentSheet In excelstdReport.Worksheets

currentSheet = Nothing

Next

excelstdReport = Nothing

Hi,

The size of the worksheet should be less than 65536.

If you want to remove a worksheet,please use Worksheets.RemoveAt() method.

If you want to open the file in browser,please limit the size of the file.

Can you tell me what is the limit of the file size to open in the browser.

Thanks,

Rajee