We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Compare not giving same results as Word 2013 Compare

Using Aspose 16.7.0, .Net 4.0 dll to compare docx files does not result in the same output as Word 2013. I have attached sample docx files that I compared along with the Word2013 compare output and the Aspose compare output. I have also included the C# code that I used to generate the Aspose compare output and the Word 2013 compare options that were used.


ff20160722b_10q_v21.docx and ff20160722b_10q_v39.docx when compared in Word2013 shows text that is moved (see page 8 of the comparison). However, the Aspose compare does not show text as moved (green underline) but shows it as modified … in fact, when I check, I do not see any revisions of type RevisionType.Moving

abc20150930_10q_v53.docx and abc20150930_10q_v58,docx when compared by Word2013 properly shows the table cells that have been changed while the Aspose compare shows that all table cells have been changed.

How do I get Aspose compare to produce the same result as Word 2013 Compare?
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry.
cschettle:
ff20160722b_10q_v21.docx and ff20160722b_10q_v39.docx when compared in Word2013 shows text that is moved (see page 8 of the comparison). However, the Aspose compare does not show text as moved (green underline) but shows it as modified ... in fact, when I check, I do not see any revisions of type RevisionType.Moving
We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14074. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
cschettle:
abc20150930_10q_v53.docx and abc20150930_10q_v58,docx when compared by Word2013 properly shows the table cells that have been changed while the Aspose compare shows that all table cells have been changed.
Could you please share some more detail about this issue? We will then investigate the issue and provide you more information on this.
Hi Chris,

cschettle:
abc20150930_10q_v53.docx and abc20150930_10q_v58,docx when compared by Word2013 properly shows the table cells that have been changed while the Aspose compare shows that all table cells have been changed.
We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14092. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14092) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.1.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.1.0 update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.