Aspose conversion destroys control elements in templates

Hello!

We have an application that uses Aspose.words for mail merge. Lately, we have discovered a defect that relates to content control elements (input controls from the developer tab on ribbon in Word 2010). These become unusable after the document is converted by Aspose.

In particular, in converted document I am unable to make a selection in a picklist control. I can still see the values but the selection is not possible.

Did anyone experienced this problem?

Hi Poul,
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for the reply.

Here is the document I’ve made for a quick test.

Regards
Poul

Hello,
Thank you for your request.
I managed to reproduce your problem on my side.
I created a appropreate issue in our defect database.
Once the problem is solved, we will notify you immediately.

Hey
(from same team as orignal poster)
Since it is confirmed that the bug is realted to Aspose we have to rely on your hot fix. This issue is higly cirtical since we have go-live monday (02. may). Since aprox 800-1000 leters are generated daily through Aspose and almost every single document contains a word picklist it will have a server impact on productivity for end-users since the users must manually delete the malfunctioning control and replace it with plain text. So we would really approciate an ETA on a fix for this issue so that we can report back to the business for a temporary workaround.
Best regards

Anders Reinholdt Jacobsen
Manager | Mobile: +45 2272 0249
Netcompany - IT and business consulting
www.netcompany.com

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you an estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the problem and then I will be able to provide you information regarding the issue. We will keep you informed regarding status of the issue and let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hey

Any progress in this matter? We are really suffering from this problem but are pretty stocked since we rely on 3. party code here

Looking forward to get an update

Best regards
Anders

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved and currently, it is difficult to provide you any reliable estimate regarding this. I added your request to my monthly report, so its priority will be increased. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this problem.
Best regards,

Hey

We have now waited 6 weeks for this fix and it has caused the business of our customer 100 of hours of lost productivity and have yet to here any concrete feedback on this matter. We are standing in a cross-road where we have to determine whether to keep waiting for your fix or rewrite our code to to use another 3. party provider or do this our-self.

But since we use a OEM license of Aspose which is part of our own 3. party product the decision is a hard one.

Can you give a update on this issue or are you using the product in a way that make a fix for this impossible?

Best Regards
Netcompany

Hi
Thanks for your request. I really apologize for inconvenience. The issue is currently in a queue for analysis. I asked the responsible developer to analyze the issue shortly. Once analyze is complete, we will be able to provide you more information regarding the issue.
One more time sorry for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hey

OK - we are really looking forward to here the result of the analysis.

Best regards
Anders

Hey
This is seriously not very convincing. It is now (again) almost a month ago you promised a follow-up on this almost 4 month old business critical issue.Can you please provide an update on this matter or at least conclude that you can (or will) solve this bug? We have to go with another product soon since the business cannot go on with a solution where mail merge is corrupting their letters
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Manager | Mobile: +45 2272 0249 (Direct)
Netcompany - IT and business consulting
Christiansgade 24A, 1. sal
DK-8000 Århus C

Hi
Thanks for your request and sorry for inconvenience. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information shortly. Please expect a reply in few days.
Best regards,

Hello Anders,

I apologize for the time it took our team to analyze this issue, but as a make up for this and as a late reward for your patience, I have went ahead and fixed the problem right after analysis. So please download the new release at the end of this month.

Again, pleas accept my apologies for 4 month wait, and let me know if you have any other problems.

Hey
Great news - and thanks for enhancing my level of patience :slight_smile:
Is there any chance to get the fixed dll’s for testing? As mentioned before the business is bleeding so a fast test and feedback to business is (and has always been) critical?
Looking forward to hear from you
Best regards
Anders Jacobsen

Hi Anders,
Just to clarify, the fix will be included into the next version of Aspose.Words that comes out at the end of this month. We will let you know once it is available.
Best regards,

I realized after I posted my comment (which I edited). Is there any chance fix/pacthed dll’s can be handed out?
Regards
Anders

Hi Anders,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, it is not our common practice to provide customers with custom builds. Aspose.Words releases are published at the end of each month. So the next version will be available at the end of August.
Best regards,

Hi Anders,

To add my few cents on top of what Alexey has said, I would mention that I’ve precisely located the issue and made a fix for it. So I’m very much affirmative on what I just promised you. You can go ahead and promise the fix for your customers or superiors, and be sure that it will work out fine at the end of the month.

Sounds great
We are looking forward to the new release
Regards
Anders