Aspose Corrupting objects which contain Excel Add-In Formulas

Here are some sample projects which illustrate the issue. The issue is with HFM formulas (Hyperion Financial Management) but may occur with other types of add-ins as well. The problem is that after these excel files are saved by Aspose.Cells and then opened by Excel, Excel will complain about unreadable content in the cells. In order to open the file you have to answer yes to the fix prompt, if you say yes then all of the HFM formulas are gone. Two projects are provided, one is with the latest version of aspose and shows the problem, the other is with a previous version of Aspose (6.0.0.0) which does not have the problem. From my people here are my company, I hear that they think this issue may have started sometime around Aspose.Cells 7.0.30 if that information helps you at all.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details and sample projects.

I can fine the issue as you mentioned by running your project “HFMFormula_v712”. The output file is corrupt as we can see it by opening it in MS Excel 2007.

Simplest code:
string fileNameHFM = @“E:\test2\corrupting\HFMFormula_v712\HFMFormula\InputHFM.xlsx”;
string fileHFM2007 = @“E:\test2\corrupting\HFMFormula_v712\HFMFormula\Output.xlsm”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(fileNameHFM);
wb.Save(fileHFM2007, SaveFormat.Xlsm);

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40468. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We will provide you a fix in next few days after testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2.1

This seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved, we have closed the ticket now.

Have a good day!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40468) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.