Aspose corrupts document when re-saving it to *.xls format with worksheet names

Hi Aspose team,
Recently we faced with the issue when Aspose.Cells.dll corrupts document when re-saving it to *.xls format.
Microsoft Excel is able to open the document, but it blocks editing and shows a warning - “PROTECTED VIEW Office has detected a problem with this file. Editing it may harm your computer.”.
The issue is related to worksheet names. It disappears if sheets are renamed.
Code sample to reproduce:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(fName); 
wb.Save(nFName, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Reproduced with:
Aspose.Cells 19.7.0
Microsoft Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20362) 32 bit

Added the documents with the chart alone
test.zip (8.1 KB)

• test.xls - the original document;
  • test.xls.xls - corrupted document.

Please help with this problem.
It is similar to problem we reported few months ago. Please see Aspose corrupts document when re-saving it to *.xls format

@licenses,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46846 – Excel file corrupts after re-saving

Same on my side also :frowning:

Btw. I checked 19.1 - 19.7 and always the same problem.
Also one remark - I tested one file with Link Sources and one without and issue is only in document with Link Sources.

@dr_oli,
Thank you for the feedback. We have recorded this information with the logged ticket for our reference.

@dr_oli,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7.4 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.7.4.zip (9.8 MB)

I tried my case but, unfortunately, problem persists :(. As this is not my topic I opened new thread.

@dr_oli,
This query is addressed here.

Hi,
Current problem is fixed, but the documents pair we provided was a cut from customer’s document, but we have another problem in those customer’s documents with external data connection.
The issue is related to external data connections (Queries & Connections). It disappears if the connections are removed.
Please take a look on cut for this problem:
test4.zip (8.3 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Again same problem on my side - when I open changed document Excel is reporting issues and then it will somehow manage to repair changed document but all connections are gone.

This is really, really ugly bug as it is killing documents and there is not chance to recover them.

@licenses,
Thanks for confirmation about resolution of previous problem. For problem of external data connections, we have logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46849 - Problem with external data connections

@dr_oli,
We have logged the problem related to external connections as CELLSNET-46849 and will write back here as soon as some feedback is ready to share.

@dr_oli, @licenses,

This is to inform you that the issue (logged earlier as CELLSNET-46849) has been resolved. Once the next fix is available after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes, we will share the Download link here.

Excellent news, looking forward to get Hotfix to test internally.
Thx

@dr_oli, @licenses,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7.5 (attached)

Your issue(s) should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.7.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.7.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

Just to confirm - I just checked and can confirm that XLS files are not damaged anymore (at least not my test documents). Thanks.

@dr_oli,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you have further queries or comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

@Amjad_Sahi, thanks for the help, all is fixed now.
When can we expect to have these fixes in officially released dll?

@licenses,

Our next official release (i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8) is planned in the third week (next week) or in the fourth week of August, 2019. All the fixes including yours will be included in the official release. Please note, we cannot provide exact date as releases are published when ready (once we have all the enhancements and fixes are included. Also, once our QA module passes the release).

Keep in touch.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46846,CELLSNET-46849) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi