Aspose diagram compatibility

Hi Team,

I have been working on visio file generation using aspose.diagram and facing few issues to generate desired output.

I am attaching a sample file for your reference.

Please guide me how to achieve the same output using aspose.diagram code while i am able to generate this file using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.

Thank You
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for sharing a sample diagram. Could you please share the stencil file which holds these shapes? We will look into the matter and help you accordingly.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find attached stencils you asked for.
Please have a look and guide to achieve same output as I shared in Sample file.

Also I would like to draw your attention on few points which I am facing.
1. diagram.Pages.Add(NewPage) - I am not able to add new page using this method.
2. Not having any option to get pagesheet using pagesheet’s Name.
3. Can we set one text formatting stylesheet for full page and how.
4. Equavalent of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Cell in Aspose.Diagram.

Please assist me on these points and let me know if anything else you need from my end.
Please see if you can give me updates at the earliest as I am not able to proceed my work due to these issues.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for sharing the details. First, I would like to update you regarding the sample Visio drawing. I’m afraid. You cannot achieve the desired output at the moment because it requires to dynamically glue a shape inside another shape. This feature is not supported. We already have logged this feature under ticket id DIAGRAM-33436 in our issue tracking system.

1. You are right. We already have logged this issue in our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-33426.
2. A new feature request has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAM-33445.
3. A new feature request has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAM-33446.
4. Aspose.Diagram does not have an equivalent of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Cell. It is due to the architecture of Aspose.Diagram API. You could use other properties in Diagram.Window.

So I have linked the following issue ids:
DIAGRAM-33436: Add support to dynamically glue a shape inside another shape
DIAGRAM-33426: Add page method is not functioning as expected
DIAGRAM-33445: Add support to get PageSheet by its name
DIAGRAM-33446: Add support to apply stylesheet for full page

We shall let you know once a significant progress has been made. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Please do let me know in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Vinay,

In addition to my above reply, please note that you can apply a style sheet to an individual shape. Please refer to the following documentation topic: Working with Text|Documentation

Hi Imran,

Is there any updates on the query?

Request you to please increase the priority of the issues as I am not able to proceed my work due to these issues.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that these issues are not yet resolved. They are pending for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issues shortly. As soon as any information is shared by him, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. I have received a response from our development team. I would like to update you that our development team has plans to support these new features in the first quarter of 2014. It’s depend upon if everything goes by plan. We shall let you know once these issues are resolved.

Hi Vinay,

I would like to update you regarding a workaround for ticket id DIAGRAM-33426. You can add an empty page by using following source code:

//load diagram
Diagram diagram = new Diagram("Drawing1.vsd");
// get max page id
int MaxPageId = GetMaxPageID(diagram);
// initialize a new page object
Page newPage = new Page();
newPage.Name = "new page";
newPage.ID = MaxPageId + 1;
diagram.Pages.Add(newPage);
diagram.Save("Output.vdx", SaveFileFormat.VDX);
private int GetMaxPageID(Diagram diagram)
{
int max = diagram.Pages[0].ID;
for (int i = 1; i < diagram.Pages.Count; i++)
{
if (max < diagram.Pages[i].ID)
max = diagram.Pages[i].ID;
}
return max;
}

Furthermore about ticket id DIAGRAM-33446, I have shared in my earlier post that you can apply a style sheet to a shape. You can also apply this style sheet to all other shapes. You just need to ignore shape name check in the following help topic: Applying Custom Style Sheets. In order to set the background of the page, you can set a background page by “Page.BackPage” property. We’re further looking into the matter. I’ll let you know in case of further movement.

I hope this helps.

Hi Vinay,

We have a good news for you is DIAGRAM-33445 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.7.0. Its release date is not final yet. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33445) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. I’m sorry to share with you that only one (DIAGRAM-33445) issue is fixed and the other three issues are pending for analysis. I’ve shared workarounds about two issues (DIAGRAM-33426, DIAGRAM-33446) in my earlier post. So far there is only one pending issue (DIAGRAM-33436) for which there is no way right now. We’ll let you know once it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

We’ve added/updated following help topics:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33426) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for approaching us through Live support. We have a good news for you is DIAGRAM-33436 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram 4.1.0. Its release date is not final yet. It is expected at the start of next month. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33436) have been fixed in this update.

(1)

Hi Imran,

Today i received a mail from aspose regarding feature enhancement of DIAGRAM-33436.
I can see the updated version, thank you for this update.
Can you also please share link of sample code, so i can try the same and get this working at my end.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please refer to the following example topic: Glue Visio Shapes Together with Connection Point

Please feel free to write us back in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for glue feature update.

I am having one more query.

I am working on MasterCollection and while working on it faced an issue.

MasterCollection.GetMaster(int ID)
and
Collection.IsExist(int index)

Do we have option to pass string variable in GetMaster and IsExist function, suppose if I would like to pass name to get master details or any other way to do it ?

Please guide.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m afraid. There is no way to get master details or check its presence by name. I’ve logged these features as follows:

DIAGRAMNET-50129 - Add support to get Master by its name
DIAGRAMNET-50130 - Add support to check Master presence by its name

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenienced you faced.