Aspose diagram compatibility

Hi Imran,

I worked over glue feature and found that glue function having option to glue shapes using 5 connection points.
I have a query regarding this feature and you can better understand my query using attached file,
Please have a look on attachment.

In file you can see that two shapes are glued in a cabinet one by one.

How can we achieve same output using glue function which only accepts FromShapeID, connection points and ToShapeID or suppose if I want to fill the cabinet using shapes.

Stencils are also attached in previous posts in case you need it.

Please guide.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. We're working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. There’re many points in the group shapes, it is not supported so well. It works perfect with ungroup shapes. However, I’ve logged a feature to support gluing group shapes inside the container. This task has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50131 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any updates. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issues DIAGRAMNET-50129 and DIAGRAMNET-50130 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram 4.2.0. Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for quick update on DIAGRAMNET-50129 and DIAGRAMNET-50130.

Here I would like to request that please take DIAGRAMNET-50131 on high priority as it is blocking our development progress.
Also if you can refer attached file in previous posts to come up with a solution for gluing will be much helpful and highly appreciated.

One more thing I am concerned about when I try to generate a Visio it takes lot of time to do the same. Just to add two or three shapes on page it takes more than 1 minute. So can you please guide how can I reduce time to generate Visio.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry.
vinay_jadon:
Here I would like to request that please take DIAGRAMNET-50131 on high priority as it is blocking our development progress.
Also if you can refer attached file in previous posts to come up with a solution for gluing will be much helpful and highly appreciated.
I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue shortly. As soon as any information is available from him, I will be more than happy to share that with you.
vinay_jadon:
One more thing I am concerned about when I try to generate a Visio it takes lot of time to do the same. Just to add two or three shapes on page it takes more than 1 minute. So can you please guide how can I reduce time to generate Visio.
Could you please provide us the exact code snippet in this forum thread? It will be so nice of you if you can attach a sample project which reproduces the issue on your side and attach it here. We’ll investigate the issue at our end and guide you accordingly.

Hi Imran,

I have attached a sample project for your reference.
Please have a look on time issue and suggest.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thanks to provide us a sample project. We managed to replicate the problem of performance issue. This issue has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50137 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any updates. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Imran,

Any update on these issues ?

Also if you can provide us fix for performance issue (DIAGRAMNET-50137) asap. It is really slowing us down.
It consumes a lot of time while development and debugging.

So please take it also on high priority.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. Please find the statuses of linked issues as follows:

Issue Id

Status

Comments

DIAGRAMNET-50130

Fixed

Fix version: 4.2.0

Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

DIAGRAM-33445

Fixed

Fix version: 3.7.0

DIAGRAMNET-50129

Fixed

Fix version: 4.2.0

Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

DIAGRAMNET-50131

Pending for the analysis

We will give an API like GlueShapesInContainer() for this issue.

DIAGRAM-33436

Fixed

Fix version: 4.1.0

DIAGRAM-33426

Fixed

Fix version: 3.8.0

DIAGRAMNET-50137

Pending for the analysis

I would like to add here that we have already raised the priority of the pending issues to High and it will now be considered in High Priority issue queue which is the maximum priority level for Aspose.BarCode forum support. The High priority level comes after Priority support and Enterprise support levels that are among paid support. However, regarding performance issue, We have asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue shortly. We'll let you know once a response is available.

Note: If you are looking to further escalate this issue, then we suggest you to look into purchasing the priority or enterprise support package. Please see the Support Options page for details.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50129;DIAGRAMNET-50130;DIAGRAMNET-50131) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Thanks for update.
Can you please also share link for article of sample code.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. We’re working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. Please have a look over these help topics:

Get Master Object from the Visio

Check Presence of a Master in the Visio Drawing

Regarding gluing group shapes inside the container, we have added a new method in the Page class. It takes both shape ids and indexes of Shape objects in the Shapes collection. However, I’m facing an error message at my end. I’m in communication with our development team. Later, I’ll document an example topic and share the link with you in this forum thread.

Hi Vinay,

Please also refer to the following help topic:

Hi Imran,

I tried to glue group shape inside container but couldn’t succeed.
I have attached a sample project for your reference.

Please have a look and suggest if I have done something wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also can you please guide how to write information on shapes, I have attached an image for your reference. please have a look.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. We're working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. We managed to replicate the problems. We have logged issues as follows:

File Name: Cabinets.vss

DIAGRAMNET-50160 - Can’t add shape from a stencil

File Name: FAS-series.vss

DIAGRAMNET-50161 - Can’t add shape from a stencil

File Names: Cabinets.vss, FAS-series.vss

DIAGRAMNET-50162 - Can’t glue group shape inside the container

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

vinay_jadon:
Also can you please guide how to write information on shapes, I have attached an image for your reference. please have a look.

Please refer to the following help topics:

Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for update.

Can you please tell me an estimated date for fix.

Thanks

Hi Vinay,

The issues are in analysis phase. We will share the ETA as soon as the issues are analyzed and our development team is in a position to share the ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,