Aspose diagram compatibility

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. We’re working over your inquiry and will get back to you soon.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for response.

I came across one more problem which is related to glue feature which aspose team has resolved earlier.

I tried to glue PCI Card into Shape using
page1.GlueShapesInContainer(pciCardId, “PCI1Begin”, “PCI1End”, fasControllerId);
Or
page1.GlueShapesInContainer(pciCardId, 16, 15, fasControllerId);

Also tried
page1.GlueShapesInContainer(pciCardId, “Connections.PCI1Begin”, “Connections.PCI1End”, fasControllerId);
but it says - Cannot find connection points.

None of the above is able to glue PCI card at proper location.
I am attaching an image for your reference, so you can get better idea of problem.
I have also highlighted what i am trying to achieve (Gluing 1 into 2).

Please correct me if i am wrong.
Your quick response is highly appreciated on this issue.

Thank you

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient.
vinay_jadon:

Please have a look on attached project and guide me accordingly to achieve labeling.
I am trying to set label on shape.

Please get stencil from this thread as i am not able to attached stencil due to size constraint.
Stencils attachment is available on 1st page, please refer "fas stencil".

Please revert with solution asap, we are running in tight schedule.

Thank You
Please use the sample code below:

[C#]
Diagram diagram = new Diagram();
foreach (Aspose.Diagram.Page page in diagram.Pages) { page.PageSheet.PageProps.PageHeight.Ufe.F = "11 ft 4 in"; page.PageSheet.PageProps.PageWidth.Ufe.F = "14 ft 8 in"; page.PageSheet.PageProps.PageScale.Ufe.F = "0.75 in"; page.PageSheet.PageProps.DrawingScale.Ufe.F = "1 ft"; }
string FasStencil = @"C:\temp\FAS-series.vss"; string fasMaster = "FAS2240-4 front"; diagram.AddMaster(FasStencil, fasMaster);
Master mstr = diagram.Masters.GetMasterByName(fasMaster); Shape s = new Shape(); s.Layout.ShapePermeablePlace.Value = BOOL.True; s.Layout.ShapePlaceStyle.Value = ShapePlaceStyleValue.PlaceHierarchyLeftToRightMiddle; s.Type = TypeValue.Shape; s.Master = mstr; s.Name = mstr.Name;
s.XForm.PinX.Value = 20; s.XForm.PinY.Value = 50;
s.Text.Value.Add(new Cp(0)); s.Text.Value.Add(new Txt("hello")); s.Chars.Add(new Aspose.Diagram.Char()); s.Chars[0].IX = 0; s.Chars[0].Color.Value = "10"; s.Chars[0].Font.Value = 4; s.Chars[0].Size.Value = 0.22; s.Chars[0].Style.Value = StyleValue.Undefined;
Page page1 = diagram.Pages[0]; long fasId = page1.AddShape(s, fasMaster);
string masterName = "12pt. text";
diagram.AddMaster(@"C:\temp\Annotations (Metric).vss", masterName);
double width = 30, height = 5, pinX = 5, pinY = 50;
//Add a new rectangle shape long textShapeId = diagram.AddShape( pinX, pinY, width, height, masterName, 0);
//Set the new shape's properties Shape shape = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(textShapeId);
shape.XForm.Angle.Value = 0; shape.Text.Value.Add(new Cp(0)); shape.Text.Value.Add(new Txt("Some Text")); shape.Chars.Add(new Aspose.Diagram.Char()); shape.Chars[0].IX = 0; shape.Chars[0].Color.Value = "10"; shape.Chars[0].Font.Value = 4; shape.Chars[0].Size.Value = 0.22; shape.Chars[0].Style.Value = StyleValue.Undefined; // we can also move text label shape on the page anywhere //shape.MoveTo(3.0, 3.0); diagram.Save(@"C:\temp\MyOutput.vdx", SaveFileFormat.VDX);

vinay_jadon:
I came across one more problem which is related to glue feature which aspose team has resolved earlier.

I tried to glue PCI Card into Shape using
page1.GlueShapesInContainer(pciCardId, "PCI1Begin", "PCI1End", fasControllerId);
Or
page1.GlueShapesInContainer(pciCardId, 16, 15, fasControllerId);
Please provide us the sample Visio drawing and stencil file. We'll check and guide you accordingly.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for update on labeling issue.
I will try suggested code to get labeling done at my side.

Please find attached project for PCI Card gluing issue.
Please have a look and provide fix for problem.

Thank You

Hi Imran,

Thank you for output file you shared for label issue.
I viewed that file in different versions of visio and found output is not properly visible in Visio 2013.

I am attaching screenshots of both versions.
Please have a look and suggest solution.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem of not able to glue this shape. This issue has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50299 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll let you know once it is fixed. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Imran,

In my previous post I indicated regarding labelling that in visio 2013 text is getting mashed up and in visio 2010 its visible properly, so can you please give some input on that issue.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the said issue. It has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50304 in our issue tracking system. This forum thread has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50299 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.6.0. Its release date is not final yet. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. Regarding the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50304, please also set the font scale value as follows:

[C#]
//Set the new shape’s properties
Shape shape = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(textShapeId);
shape.XForm.Angle.Value = 0;
shape.Text.Value.Add(new Cp(0));
shape.Text.Value.Add(new Txt(“Some Text”));
shape.Chars.Add(new Aspose.Diagram.Char());
//add this line to set fontscale
shape.Chars[0].FontScale.Value = 1;

shape.Chars[0].IX = 0;
shape.Chars[0].Color.Value = “10”;
shape.Chars[0].Font.Value = 4;
shape.Chars[0].Size.Value = 0.22;
shape.Chars[0].Style.Value = StyleValue.Undefined;
We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50299) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50221 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 16.11.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50221, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 16.10.1.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Insert a text label:
[.NET, C#]
// create a new instance of the diagram
Diagram diagram = new Diagram();
// insert a text label
diagram.Pages[0].AddText(1, 1, 1, 1, “Test text”);
// save Visio drawing
diagram.Save(“c:\temp\test.vdx”, SaveFileFormat.VDX);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50221) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 16.11.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.