We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Diagram creates VDX with shape ids greater than 32 bit

We have a web application that creates Visio files and allows the user to edit them manually on their desktop and re-upload them into the application. The uploaded file can then be changed within the application and downloaded again to edit it some more and so on, until it is finished.

This works mostly fine.

Today we had the problem that the uploaded and re-exported Visio file could not be opened in the desktop Visio. Examination of the VDX XML contents shows that there are suddenly shapes like this:

Visio seems to choke on the shape ID because it is greater than 32 bit. There are nowhere near that many shapes in the file, the next smallest shape ID is 1242. If I remove the shapes with the suspicious IDs from the XML, it opens fine.

Unfortunately I cannot share the original file with you because it contains sensitive data. But surely you could make sure not to generate shape IDs that exceed 32 bit at any time?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting support. We understand the matter of data sensitivity, but to fix any defect elegantly, we require to replicate the problem in a complete use case. It would be great if you can please prepare a sample problematic source Visio diagram along with the source code (only Aspose API related part) and attach in your forum thread reply. It’ll help us to be more specific.

Hi Chris,

We have further investigated it and noticed that Aspose.Diagram API allows to set the shape id greater than 32 bit. Once the shape id is assigned greater than 32 bit, then the shape becomes invisible in Visio. We have logged an enhancement in order to not assign shape id greater than 32 bit under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50619. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Note: this may not pose the exact scenario as you are running at your end. We recommend our clients to provide complete details of the use case.

Hi Imran,

thank you for investigating. Like I said, I cannot share the original file with you and I cannot reproduce the problem with a demo file I could share.
Hopefully your enhancement will also improve my case.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Sure, we will keep you informed regarding any significant progress and let you know in this forum thread.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50619 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 5.8.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50619) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 5.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.