Aspose does'nt display images(taken from unix box) while rendering Wordfile from html

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have logged a ticket as WORDSNET-10423 in our issue tracking system to check the support of documents generated via Aspose.Words with Indesign tool. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,
Thanks for update.
Still curious to know how much time will it take?As this is quite an urgency.

Thanks,
Regards
Sonam

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your patience. I have installed the Adobe inDesign tool at my end. I have performed the following steps to import Word document into inDesign and export it to Pdf.

1. File->New Document
  2. File->Place-> (open the word file)
  3. File->export to Pdf

The image is visible in output Pdf. Please check the attached output Pdf. Could you please share the steps which you are using to convert Word document to Pdf using Adobe inDesign tool?

Hi Tahir,
Have two point here :

1. A confirmation that you are giving a word file to indesign that is saved finally through aspose save method.Can you share the word file Inputed?
  2. Secondly,I will confirm you in next reply what are the steps we follow for rendering a PDF.For time being we are sure we are directly uploading a word file on Indesign and then rendering.

Thanks
Sonam

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check the attached Out.docx document which I used in indesign tool.

Hi Tahir,

1. We have verified image rendering on PDF using the method used by you on Indesign that is using the import of word file and then exporting it as PDF.The image is rendering on PDF using this method on our side.

2. But in our application we are rendering image with xPresso plugin which is used to generate .xindd templates in InDesign for xPression.We are facing issue rendering image on PDF from aspose word using xPresso plugin.

Can you please check rendering PDF with image from aspose word using xPresso plugin.
xPresso plugin has no issues with Microsoft created word document but has issue with aspose created word document.
Kindly check the difference between image inserted using Aspose and the one which is saved using MS Word.

Appreciate for soon reply.

Thanks
Sonam

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share following detail here for our reference. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

• Please share the steps which you are using to convert Word
    document to Pdf using Adobe inDesign tool + xPresso plugin.
  • I setup the Adobe InDesign CS6 v8.0.1 at my end. Please share download link of xPresso plugin for Adobe InDesign. So, I will have the same plugin as of yours.

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Hi Tahir,
Regarding xPresso plugin We don’t have any direct trial version of xPresso for InDesign.
Since it’s licensed it will be hard to provide full details.

You can kindly help us here by checking the difference between the MS word and Word generated by Aspose as this is actually causing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sonam

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words generates the correct output as the image is visible when document is opened in MS Word.

I have tested the scenario using the documents generated via MS
Word and Aspose.Words. In both cases, image is visible in
output Pdf file.

Following steps are used to generated the Docx using MS Word.

1. Open input.html in MS Word 2010
  2. Save the document to Docx using ‘Save as’ Options

Following steps are used to generated the Docx using Aspose.Words

1. Insert the html using insertHTML method and save the document to Docx file format.

I have performed the following steps to import Word document into inDesign and export it to Pdf.

1. File->New Document
  3. File->export to Pdf

Please check the attached Pdf document generated from Aspose.Words document.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the reply.a
Aspose generated word may gives the correct output and render image on pdf using the steps you are using as :

1. File->New Document
  3. File->export to Pdf

However, the same aspose generated word does not render the image on PDF using xPresso plugin of indesign tool.

Although we cannot provide you the details of xPresso plugin but we know this issue is because of the fact that the xml’s are different for Aspose generated docx and Microsoft created Word.
Can you please check this difference and assis us .Thanks in advance

Regards
Sonam Arora

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Yes, there is difference between document.xml files generated via MS Word and Aspose.Words. Please convert the attached Word documents to Pdf using xPresso plugin and share the output here for our reference.

Please share some detail about xPresso plugin. Unfortunately, we can not log this issue until we have the detail of this xPresso plugin. E.g what is plugin, what does this plugin do, what are the steps to use this plugin?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-907) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.