Aspose.Email Evaluation version message appearing in my subject line on saving (C# .NET)

I’m attempting to use our aspose.email licensed package to convert emails from eml to msg files. The conversion works, but the message subject has (Aspose.Email Evaluation) added to the end and an txt file attached with licensing information.

My license for the package has expired, but the rep who advised I post in this forum has indicated that this shouldn’t matter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - we’re licensed for Developer Small Business package and I wasn’t the developer who purchased the package.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

If you are using a license, that is expired, and using a version of the API that was released prior to the license expiry date, you won’t get any evaluation version. But if your license is expire and you are using a version of the API that was released later than the expiry date, it will include the evaluation message in output. Please share your license expiry date and the API version number, that you are using, with us. In case it is the first case mentioned above, please share your license file with us and the API verison information with us for our investigation. We shall further investigate the issue and share our feedback with you.

Hi Muhammad:

Thanks for your feed back. I’m receiving the evaluation message in my output so assume I’m the second scenario.

Here’s the information you requested:
SubscriptionExpiry: 20131205
LicenseVersion: 2.2

Let me know if you need anything else from me to help your investigation.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Thomas,

Please follow these instructions and share your license file with us for our investigation of this issue.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for sharing your license file. We have tested it at our end with the Aspose.Email for .NET v 2.2.0 and there is no evaluation message attached to the generated output file. I would request you to please verify that the license is properly initialized in your application. Please note that the license referencing should be the very first statement in your application code. Please let us know your feedback then.

Thanks for your response Kashif Iqbal.

FYI - I’ve created a new account as I was unable to log in with my original account.

The code I’m using is relatively simple. Can you see a problem with this:

using Aspose.Email.Mail;
using Aspose.Email.Outlook;
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace EMLConverter
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{

//load mail message
        MailMessage eml = MailMessage.Load(@"C:\EMLConverter\In\test.eml");

//convert to MapiMessage
        MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(eml);

//save to msg file
        msg.Save(@"C:\EMLConverter\out\test.msg");

}
}

}

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Please include the license statement before using the API code. These should be in the very beginning of your code segment as shown below.

Sample Code:

string licFile = @“pathToLicenseFile”;

Aspose.Email.License emailLicense = new Aspose.Email.License();
emailLicense.SetLicense(licFile);

//load mail message
MailMessage eml = MailMessage.Load(@“C:\EMLConverter\In\test.eml”);

//convert to MapiMessage
MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(eml);

//save to msg file
msg.Save(@“C:\EMLConverter\out\test.msg”);

Hi kashif,

This has solved my problem. Thanks for all your help and your prompt responses.

Much appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom,

You are welcome and please feel free to write to us if you have any other query related to the API.

Hi Aspose Team,
I’m facing a similar issue in saving the email to .msg file, we do have a “Developer Small Business” license. As per my understanding we have a similar problem like Thomas where in License file is not referred before saving the file to another format.

I understand from above conversation whats the fix.
Question I have is – Why the same code is working in Test environment?
Same code with license not specified and we do not get Evaluation message in test.

I need to have this in my documentation to support my findings and further attestation.

Thanks
Navneet

@NavneetSingh,

Can you please share the details of your requirements in the form of sample project, source files and output files. Please also share the desired output file if possible as well. I also request you to please try using latest Aspose.Email for 19.2 on your end as well first before sharing the information.