Configuring Aspose.Email for C++ in Linux (C++ Linux)

I am seeing linking error while building the ‘examples’ file using cmake.
I am using gcc version: gcc version 6.5.0 20181026 (Ubuntu 6.5.0-2ubuntu1~14.04.1).
Which gcc version the .so library files are compiled with?

Putting some failure logs here for more info:

[100%] Linking CXX executable Aspose.Email.Example.Cpp
…/…/lib/libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference to std::__cxx11::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::_M_mutate(unsigned long, unsigned long, wchar_t const*, unsigned long)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21' ../../lib/libAspose.Email.Cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference tostd::__cxx11::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::_M_assign(std::__cxx11::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21
…/…/lib/libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference to std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::assign(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21' ../../lib/libAspose.Email.Cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference tovtable for std::__cxx11::basic_stringstream<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >@GLIBCXX_3.4.21’
…/…/lib/libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference to std::__cxx11::numpunct<wchar_t> const& std::use_facet<std::__cxx11::numpunct<wchar_t> >(std::locale const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21' ../../lib/libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference tostd::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >::_M_replace_aux(unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long, char)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21
…/…/lib/libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits >& std::operator>><char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits >&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21

Please help me on this!

@Abhijeet_Chatarjee,

I have observed your issue and suggest you to please try using our working sample example project hosted on Github with things configured.

@mudassir.fayyaz Thanks for the reply! I have linux environment, can this library be used in linux env?
libaspose_cpp_gcc65.so and libAspose.Email.Cpp_gcc65.so are linux formats, I want to know which compiler (version) is used to build them?

@Abhijeet_Chatarjee,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that present Github examples are based on Project developed in VS 2017. For your inquiry related to compiler support for Linux, I have created an issue with ID EMAILCPP-204 in our issue tracking system and will get back to you with feedback as soon as the information will be available.

@mudassir.fayyaz
Thank you very much!

@Abhijeet_Chatarjee,

You are welcome.

@mudassir.fayyaz
Hi,
Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

@Abhijeet_Chatarjee,

Linux release binary is a zip archive in Aspose.Email_for_C++_19.9_linux.zip. It contains folder example which contains sample code and build files. Have you tried to execute this build scripts and look inside the sample code and build scripts?

In the present release, we have provided support of GCC compiler Clang for Linux build.
Cmake version 3.7 or greater required. In zip archive package, the directory “example” contains basic sample.

@mudassir.fayyaz
Thanks for the reply!
From the downloads page, I can only see Aspose.Email_for_C++_19.3_Linux.zip download option, not Aspose.Email_for_C++_19.9_linux.zip. If its the latest version then it is not available on downloads page or am I missing something?

@Abhijeet_Chatarjee,

I regret to share that at present 19.9 is not yet released and will be released in coming days. For the time being, you can please refer to 19.3 for the time being. It too has the similar example set available as shared before.