We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Email.Mail.Appointment causes Hebrew to Gibberish

Hi,

When I’m using the next code, the Hebrew text is being changed to Gibberish.
(I’ve attached the files and print-screenshots)

This is the code:
string strAppointmentBase64String = “”;
using (FileStream fIn = File.OpenRead(@“C:\Users\royb\Desktop\before.ics”))
{
Appointment appointment = Appointment.Load(fIn);
using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
{
appointment.Save(ms);
strAppointmentBase64String = Convert.ToBase64String(ms.ToArray());
}
}
Appointment appointmentNew = null;
using (MemoryStream ms =
new MemoryStream(Convert.FromBase64String(strAppointmentBase64String)))
{
appointmentNew = Appointment.Load(ms);
}
appointmentNew.Save(@“C:\Users\royb\Desktop\after.ics”);

(To save your time, The Solution:) I noticed that if I open the Ics file with Notepad and go to the “X-ALT-DESC” label
there is:
X-ALT-DESC;FMTTYPE=text/html:\n\n\n<META NAME=\“Generator\” CONTENT=\“MS Exchange Server version rmj.rmm.rup.rpr\”>\n\n\n\n\n\n

<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><FONT FACE=\“Arial (Hebrew)\”>פגישה<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”> <FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\" FACE=\“Arial (Hebrew)\”>צבעונית<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”>

\n\n

<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\" FACE=\“Arial (Hebrew)\”>גם עם תמונה<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\" FACE=\“Arial\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”> <FONT COLOR=\"#70AD47\" FACE=\“Arial (Hebrew)\”>משוויץ<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\" FACE=\“Arial\”>.<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”>

\n\n

<SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\" FACE=\“Arial\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“en-us\”><SPAN LANG=\“he\”>&nbsp;

\n\n\n

as you can see there are a lot of unnecessary “\” chars, so, if I remove them and save the file - I get Hebrew text (as expected)

Please yout help for improved dll,
Thanks,
Roi

Hi Roi,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I was able to reproduce the issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.6.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34519 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. We’ll notify you here once there is further information available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34519) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.