Convert postscript/PS file to Image using Aspose.Page for .NET

I took one of the ubiquitous Sample Pictures that comes with Windows 7 (desert.jpg) and converted it to PostScript.

I can convert this PostScript file to PDF in milliseconds using GhostScript.

However, when I swap out GhostScript and use Aspose.EPS, it pegged the CPU at 100% and I waited 15 minutes and eventually ended up killing the process.

If anyone would like to see the PostScript file I am using, please see attached ZIP file.

Has anyone been able to successfully convert a JPEG -> PostScript -> PDF using Aspose.EPS?

Thanks,

Philip Tenn

desert_jpeg.zip (1.9 MB)

@ptenn

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment while using your PS file for conversion and observed the CPU Usage as well as delay in execution of the program. We are logging this issue in our issue tracking system and will share the ticket ID with you in a while.

I regret to share that currently EPS/PS to PDF conversion is available and other inter-file format conversion features are pending to be included in the API. A feature request has already been logged in our system to investigate the feasibility of feature which you require. We will surely inform you in case we have some definite updates regarding ticket resolution. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@ptenn

We have logged following tickets in our issue tracking system:

EPSNET-52 - CPU Usage 100% and Program Hanging issue
EPSNET-53 - Feature request for JPEG to PS

As soon as we make some significant progress towards resolution of the tickets, we will surely inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the reply.

We weren’t looking to go from JPEG to PS through Aspose.EPS. We would not have a business need for this.

What I meant … I had created a PostScript file from a Windows Sample JPEG (using a different app).

That PostScript file is attached. That PostScript file hangs Aspose.EPS and pegs CPU at 100%.

All other PostScript files we have that came from images also hang Aspose.EPS process and peg CPU at 100%.

Thanks,

Philip

@ptenn

Thanks for adding more details.

We have logged these details under the generated issue in our issue tracking system and will definitely consider them during investigation.