Aspose.Excel Error Message in .NET

The located assembly’s manifest definition with name ‘Aspose.Excel’ does not match the assembly reference.

Has anyone seen the above error? It seems that it clears itself up as soon as I rebuild the project.

How do I fix this so it doesn’t happen in the middle of the night when I have a client accessing a report.

Thanks

Hi Steven,

Could you post the whole erroe message here or send it to me? And in what situation it happens?

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Have you tried to rebuild your project when you deployed new hotfix?

I have had this problem a couple of times as well but only when adding a new version of the Aspose.Excel.dll. Visual studio does not always pick up the file change within it’s projects references. When I look at the properties of the reference it still has the old version number. A rebuild does not always fix this but removing and re-adding the reference does.

Where do you copyed the new dll to?

Generally Aspose.Excel.dll is installed at “C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Excel\Bin”. I think your project often referenced to this path. So if you upgrade your dll, also please copy new dll to this directory. Then you don’t have to remove and re-add the reference.

I do replace the old Aspose.Excel.dll file in the install directory. The problem occurs only occasionally. I have updated it 6 or 7 times in the last few months and it only happend twice.

I don’t the problem is in any way related to your component it appears to be with a Visual Studio problem where it does not recognise that the file has changed sometimes even with a complete rebuild of all sub components.

If I use Nant to perform the build I have never have the problem. I use Nant after changing 3rd party components to check the build, without changing any code before I start Visual Studio to mod my components to suit new functionality.

Thanks for your info. That will be a great help to other users.