Aspose.Excel Error Message in .NET


#1

The located assembly’s manifest definition with name ‘Aspose.Excel’ does not match the assembly reference.

Has anyone seen the above error? It seems that it clears itself up as soon as I rebuild the project.

How do I fix this so it doesn’t happen in the middle of the night when I have a client accessing a report.

Thanks


#2

Hi Steven,

Could you post the whole erroe message here or send it to me? And in what situation it happens?


#3

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue.


#4

Have you tried to rebuild your project when you deployed new hotfix?


#5

I have had this problem a couple of times as well but only when adding a new version of the Aspose.Excel.dll. Visual studio does not always pick up the file change within it’s projects references. When I look at the properties of the reference it still has the old version number. A rebuild does not always fix this but removing and re-adding the reference does.


#6

Where do you copyed the new dll to?

Generally Aspose.Excel.dll is installed at “C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Excel\Bin”. I think your project often referenced to this path. So if you upgrade your dll, also please copy new dll to this directory. Then you don’t have to remove and re-add the reference.


#7

I do replace the old Aspose.Excel.dll file in the install directory. The problem occurs only occasionally. I have updated it 6 or 7 times in the last few months and it only happend twice.

I don’t the problem is in any way related to your component it appears to be with a Visual Studio problem where it does not recognise that the file has changed sometimes even with a complete rebuild of all sub components.

If I use Nant to perform the build I have never have the problem. I use Nant after changing 3rd party components to check the build, without changing any code before I start Visual Studio to mod my components to suit new functionality.


#8

Thanks for your info. That will be a great help to other users.