Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Excel in ASP

Hi, I'm brand new to Aspose.Excel and my first requirement is a little out of the ordinary I think. I need to include Aspose.Excel in my ASP/VBScript apps. These are older apps that will eventually be moved to ASP.Net but for now we need to build some spreadsheets in ASP.

I've installed 2.4.1 and built a little tiny asp page to test out the object creation...

Untitled

<%
dim excel
set excel = CreateObject("Aspose.Excel.Excel")
%>

But I get the error message...
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Aspose.Excel.Excel'

I read the forums and thought I might fix this by running REGASM on the aspose.excel - I did this and the registration worked.

But I still get the same error when trying to create the object.

What am I missing?

Mike

Now the install msi can correctly register the dll for COM usage. Your manual registration is also OK. I think your problem is caused by IE security setting. You can try this to verify it:

Create a test.vbs which only includes 2 line of code:
dim excel
set excel = CreateObject(“Aspose.Excel.Excel”)

Then in your command prompt window, run:

cscript test.vbs

You can see the code running without any problem. Otherwise please check if the dll is correctly registered.

When I try this test.vbs script I get this error…

I:\wwwroot\mssq\includes\layout\test.vbs(2, 1) (null): The system cannot find the file specified.

Does this mean that the dll is not correctly registered?

Can you hint me with the correct command to register the dll correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

I solved this problem by uninstalling my current aspose.excel and reinstalling from the downloads section of Aspose web site. Seems to work now - maybe I had an old version?