Aspose.Excel to export graphs

Hi!

Can I use Aspose.Excel to export charts (and pictures) as emf, wmf or gif images? I need to open a excel document and get all the charts into separate imagefiles. If it supports export directly to, lets say gif, can I control the size of the image generated?

Thanks
/Johan

This feature is not supported yet. It's too complex and we don't have enough docs to implement it.

I also need this functionality for one of my customers. do you think of implementing it in the future?
my project consists with
- open some excel files
- find the charts
- copy the charts
- past the charts in a power point file

regards

Actually we have thought about implemeting this feature before, but it's too complex and we don't have a specific plan for it.

Aspose.Cells (Aspose.Excel has been renamed to become Aspose.Cells) supported to convert the Excel Charts to images and PDF formats some years ago. The feature has now become more robust and efficient. The Chart class has ToImage & ToPdf methods with some overloaded versions.

You may refer to the following sample code:
e.g
Sample code:

// Instantiating a Workbook object
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);
//Get the first worksheet.
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

// Accessing the first instance of the existing chart
Aspose.Cells.Charts.Chart chart = worksheet.Charts[0];
// Create an instance of ImageOrPrintOptions and set a few properties
ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions()
{
    ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Emf,
    TextRenderingHint = TextRenderingHint.ClearTypeGridFit
};
// Convert chart to image with additional settings
chart.ToImage("chartEmf_out.emf", options);

For details on converting Excel files to PDF, Sheet to image, rendering chart to image and chart to PDF features, please follow the document links below:
Convert Excel Workbook to PDF
Chart Rendering
Converting Worksheet to Image using ImageOrPrint Options

Please download the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET from the following link:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

You may also download the latest demos here for your complete reference.