We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose extending wall lengths in diagram

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is an Aspose issue (I’m presuming it is), but upon opening and saving a .vsdm file, there will be connector walls that get extending visually. I say visually because if I check the properties the size of the wall is still the same, but it looks longer.

Please note all I needed to do was open and save the diagram using the code below and then move the shape on the page slightly for the issue to occur.

Aspose.Diagram.Diagram diagram = new Aspose.Diagram.Diagram(savePath);
diagram.Save(savePath, SaveFileFormat.VSDM);

Here is what the room looked like before:

Upon opening and closing and then moving, this would happen:

In my larger diagrams I do not need to move the shape for this issue to occur.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support. We have tested your source VSDM with the latest version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. When we opened the output VSDM using Microsoft Visio 2016 application and try to move shapes, we did not notice this issue in our environment. We have attached an output VSDM to this reply. Kindly open this output VSDM and let us know how that goes into your environment.

Hi,

Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the problem of extended length of the walls. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

File Name: New Microsoft Visio Drawing.vsdm
DIAGRAMNET-51258: Open and save routine of VSDM - the length of the walls is changed

File Name: Working.vsdm
DIAGRAMNET-51259: Open and save routine of VSDM - the length of the walls is changed

We have linked your post to these tickets and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Not a problem.

Glad to hear it’s been replicated and logged.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. The ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51258 and DIAGRAMNET-51259 have been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version 17.6 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you as soon as the new release is published.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51258 and DIAGRAMNET-51259, please download and try this latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.5.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Hi Imran,

I tested the Hotfix and it seems to be working 100%. I will let you know if I spot any issues.

Thanks for all the assistance,
Shaun.