Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose for Reporting Services install error

I work for C.H. Robinson. We are beginning to use Reporting Services 2005 and have noticed a few shortcomings with the product that we’re hoping Aspose can solve.

The built-in “Export to Excel” feature of Reporting Services dumps the report with full formatting into Excel. We’d like a simple data dump. We do not want to see colors, header, footer, etc. on the Excel report. We just want to see the data contained in the Reporting Services report dumped as rows/columns in Excel. Does Aspose do this? The built-in export also takes a long time because it renders all the formatting of the report in Excel. I’m hoping Aspose would be faster.

We are planning on designing an ASP.NET screen with 3 tabs with 1 report on each tab. We’d like an “Export to PDF” option that would combine the 3 reports into 1 PDF with page numbers like it is 1 report (not starting over for 3 reports). Does Aspose solve this?

I tried to install Aspose Total for Reporting Services on my PC, but I got the following error. See attachment.
I’d like to evaluate how Aspose will solve our issues, but I need to see the demo version. Can someone help me get this installed?

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Merit. (attachment)

Dear Danie

Thanks for using our products.

Please try operations.

User Action

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Run regedit.exe.
  2. Edit the register table.
    • Add the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\" key
  3. Run MSI .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dania

Please try the attachment .

Hi ,

I am trying to open the reporting for pdf but its getting errors can you please provide me with the attachment for pdf.reportings

Are you talking about Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services? If yes, please post your problem at http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.pdf-for-.net-java-and-reporting-services/20/showforum.aspx . Our Pdf team will support you.